• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CF PLQ equivalent to BOTP?

MJP said:
Did you hear back from them though.  I'm interested as I know we were both doing it at roughly the same timeframe.  Methinks someone might have even had someone else's memo template as well.....;)

It never had time to come back. As you know i am no longer following that route byt the CO who wrote me up said that it was going to be positive and that had i continued, bypass for both would have been granted.

Well CDN Aviator, here I go again my friend.  I applied for CEOTP again this year and selected more than one trade and not pilot. :)  I hope that things turn out better than at ASC for last years competition. :)

I am going on 9-01 ROTO 7 so I will more than likely hear while I am away so I am not sure about submitting for my PLA, I will more than likely just prime my CoC to submit the email to CDA if I get the official oh-key-do-key.

gunner065 said:
Good day all, I recently accepted an offer for CEOTP (as a NCM) and I am confused as if I have to complete BOTP or not. 

From all the literature I was able to gather, because I am PLQ qualified I will be granted an IAP bypass.

After talking to a friend of mine who is currently instructing in St-Jean, only ILQ/GMTI qualified members are currently being granted BOTP.  As well, some members who completed BOTP in the last year informed me that PLQ is equivalent for BOTP, therefore I should get BOTP granted...

Anybody working in the CDA/Recruiting Group departments have any information into that regards?  I would greatly appreciate, as I would prefer getting a few more university courses completed than having to repeat training I, in most part, already have done part of PLQ.

http://www.cda-acd.forces.gc.ca/DLI/engraph/services/accred/milequiv/botp_e.asp

See the link for answer.

Just completed the Officership Colloquium, and glad it's over.  Although that course was initially meant for WO, MWO and CWO (ILQ qualified) CFR's, because of the availability of the CEOTP program to NCMs, it was used as a band-aid for MCpl/Sgt who were granted BOMQ (IAP and BOTP), like myself. 

Rumour has it that starting Jan 2009, MCpl/Sgt who are granted BOMQ and have to complete phase training for the "new" officer trade will not have to complete any "Indoc" officer course and will go directly onto trade training.  But again, nothing seems to be "automatic" and I would greatly encourage anyone in that same situation to submit a PLAR for leadership training already completed.

And to answer your quote, Sly20, after having been through the PLAR process myself; what is written on that website is a general guideline and CDA recognizes previous qualifications/training on a case-by-case situation.  The link in itself does not answer anything but rather provides more confusion.  I even did email a member of the CDA who informed me that I would not be granted a BOMQ bypass unless I was ILQ qualified, four weeks later, I had the BOMQ granting letter in my hand.

And to answer your quote, Sly20, after having been through the PLAR process myself; what is written on that website is a general guideline and CDA recognizes previous qualifications/training on a case-by-case situation.  The link in itself does not answer anything but rather provides more confusion.  I even did email a member of the CDA who informed me that I would not be granted a BOMQ bypass unless I was ILQ qualified, four weeks later, I had the BOMQ granting letter in my hand.
[/quote]

This letter (pdf) originated from me, for the confusion on the webpage; that's not me.

Back