• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CFAT DEO with degree

mattyCAF

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day,

I have recently written the CFAT and unfortunately I missed the mark for an Officer position by 1 point. I was applying for the reserves, due to being a third year at University, but am looking to apply DEO for the coming year (I'm completing an honours program). I have browsed these forums and have come up with some mixed messages in regards to the CFAT (I'll attach the link below). From my understanding and what the recruiter and I discussed after my CFAT test was that I would need to score at the level of officer to be considered and qualify for that position. What I have found in a post on this forum though is that a Bachelors can be seen as qualification enough, and that a score on the CFAT would need to be extraordinarily low to be disqualified from applying. Mind you this post was from 2005 so this policy may have changed since that date.Currently I am just getting myself prepared for a rewrite. Any help is much appreciated!

"DEO is Direct Entry Officer which is a CF entry plan so if you are trying to get in as a DEO then you are a DEO applicant and therefore you don't need to pass the CFAT as you have already demonstrated an aptitudal ability by getting a degree.  Now do you have a degree and are you applying as DEO?" -This quote specifically, I could be misreading this material though: here's the link - http://army.ca/forums/threads/23193.375

Cheers  :cdn:

Yup, the information you quote above is out of date.

The first step in your application process, is writing the CFAT.  This aptitude test determines whether or not you "qualifiy" to apply for and be processed for your chosen occupations.  After that, your prior academic credentials are then taken into consideration.

So if you already possess the required education but don't meet the minimum test requirements after having wrote the CFAT, you would be "ineligible" to be processed for your chosen Officer Occupation(s).

Back