• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CFAT

stevenmgl

Inactive
Reaction score
I think I will have no problem doing the verbal and spatial test but can anyone recommend what I should do for the problem solving I scored %50 on problem solving but %100 on both verbal an spatial practice tests. i.e should I take a night course or seek out a tutor? If you could suggest anything that would be great. P.S. Thank you to all of you who have served.

I would not worry too much about a tutor, if you want to practice problem solving, I would download "CFAT Test" from the app store, it is really good for studying, and it is very similar to the questions asked on the CFAT.

I would also recommend checking out the CFAT thread on the site.

https://army.ca/forums/threads/13076.0.html

Cheers!

You can also go to Khan Academy if you are looking for an explanation regarding a certain topic. From my experience, elementary problem solving using algebra was tested during the math portion. Khan Academy provides numerous instructional videos that simulate the tutor/ teacher experience, minus the interaction. You want to, however, become proficient in the material to be able to answer the questions quickly. This is a combination of understanding the topic/ question and practicing to develop speed. It also helps to be good at mental arithmetic, so practicing mental arithmetic using a site that spits out questions wouldn't hurt.

Ya, I did the CFAT in 2011. IMO, the better thing to do is learn long division (by hand) as no calculators are permitted. Need to figure out simple division and multiplication, if you can't do it in your head. I'm applying for the Reserve Forces now. Verbal and spacial - you either know it or you don't. Not much to study for those - basic shapes and patterns. I've used a calculator or computer for most of my career, so got used to reaching for it even for figuring out simple math problems. Basically grade 10 math. Don't complicate it, thinking it's engineering university math!

Hey bud,

CFAT Trainer app is really, really good, for all three subjects. I'd recommend you spend the $7 to buy the Full Version as it contains over 700+ questions. You are able to "Practice" with no time limit or "Test" 1.5 minutes per question (total of 45 minutes). You can do each subject (Problem Solving, Spatial, Verbal) individually or mixed. It has helped me tremendously.

Khan Academy is also another good one, as mentioned here. If your math is not up there, you could also do the entire subjects, for example "Early Math", "Arithmetic", and "Algebra" to get Math back in your head. You don't need any other subjects in there, but it is free, so you're able to do them if you wanted to.

I've been studying these two together and I've made some serious progress.

Best of luck!

Back