• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CFR PLATES

stratboy

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone know how i can get my hands on an old or new cfr plate ???? perferably one that wont get me in shit on base, i would like one or two for my project vehicles

cheers guys

stratboy said:
Does anyone know how i can get my hands on an old or new cfr plate ???? perferably one that wont get me in crap on base, i would like one or two for my project vehicles

cheers guys

Although a nice intention, I am sure that doing this would result in the same legal actions taken against you, as if you were to put counterfeit provincial plates on your vehicles.  If they are not "runners" or are considered "Monuments" you may be able to replicate them.  DND plates are blank plates with "CANADA" on them.  The mapleleafs and numbers are all stick-on numbers and designs applied at the unit or Base Tpt.

It's the new in thing pull the Prov. tags at shows and put CFR ones on.

Make it out of plastic... there are several companies out there that will do it for you. 

George Wallace said:
Although a nice intention, I am sure that doing this would result in the same legal actions taken against you, as if you were to put counterfeit provincial plates on your vehicles.  If they are not "runners" or are considered "Monuments" you may be able to replicate them.  DND plates are blank plates with "CANADA" on them.  The mapleleafs and numbers are all stick-on numbers and designs applied at the unit or Base Tpt.

how could there be any issue as a vanity plate that i intend on having no cfr numbers?

stratboy said:
how could there be any issue as a vanity plate that i intend on having no cfr numbers?

That was never mentioned. The fact you asked about old or new CFR plates inferred you wanted numbered ones. Simply by asking about CFR (numbered plates) vice blank DND plates makes the misunderstanding your fault.

We're not mind readers.

recceguy said:
That was never mentioned. The fact you asked about old or new CFR plates inferred you wanted numbered ones. Simply by asking about CFR (numbered plates) vice blank DND plates makes the misunderstanding your fault.

We're not mind readers.

well i'm deeply sorry but thats all i know them by

To enlighten you, CFR is "Canadian Forces Registration" and is in essence the Serial Number of the vehicle.

Since we're now the CanadianArmy, shouldn't the CFR be referred to as the CAR?

The CAR (Canadian Army Registration) was used up until about Hellyer's foolishness.

avgpjon said:
Since we're now the CanadianArmy, shouldn't the CFR be referred to as the CAR?

The CAR (Canadian Army Registration) was used up until about Hellyer's foolishness.

Considering all Elements of the CAF use the plates it would not sense for the Army to adopt its own vehicle plates. This is an example of where unification made sense. One plate system for all CAF vehicles instead of a Navy system, an Air Force system, an Army system , and a CANSOFCOM system.

dangerboy said:
Considering all Elements of the CAF use the plates it would not sense for the Army to adopt its own vehicle plates. This is an example of where unification made sense. One plate system for all CAF vehicles instead of a Navy system, an Air Force system, an Army system , and a CANSOFCOM system.
Well now you’ve gone and done it. You just made sense. There will be no more of that talk, the brass doesn’t like it and the good/bad idea fairy might be lurking.

dangerboy said:

Damnit, why did you have to go and give CANSOF another bright idea for how to be unique?

CANSOF are already special. They don't use CFR plates on their vehicles, at least not around my neck of the woods. Everything is provincially plated.

Back