• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CFSAC 2013

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
Does anyone know the dates for this years CFSAC training? 

I've been told the actual competition is Sept 9-Sept 21 but I'm looking for dates on when members will be training and if possible a point of contact for the team.

Thanks

My unit got an email about the 2CMBG team with a POC, but I'm not on DWAN until the 25th to see it again.

ObedientiaZelum said:
Does anyone know the dates for this years CFSAC training? 

I've been told the actual competition is Sept 9-Sept 21 but I'm looking for dates on when members will be training and if possible a point of contact for the team.

Thanks

Which team?  LFCA?

For info, match 12 (the former CQB stuff) is completely change from last year....

NS

Yes, it's a huge change from last year. It's still a good match though, and very applicable.

They still doing barrier shoots that started in 2010?

Is there a COF for public consumption out there somewhere?

I have a couple of variants, the second one received from the staff for vetting/correcting.

I don't know if they've re-released it post corrections yet or not. 

Shoot me an e-mail at work tomorrow (Wednesday) at BROWNE PO1 BK@CFNES etc etc and I'll send you what I can.  (Note, after tomorrow, I'm out of the office in Bisley for 2 weeks...so tomorrow is the day...)

For those who were there last year, I'll be doing up the match booklets again (handy reference booklets/score reference books)

NS

Just curious if anyone has heard anything yet about which unit from 2cmbg is running it this year. Its getting pretty late in the month and summer leave is coming. To my knowledge, neither 1 rcr or 3 rcr is running it.

Well, how many Army.ca members attended this year? What were you thoughts?

I was there....things went well with pistol, rifle, well, there was some disorganization, some not-listening to input/advice, some good shooting, and a few points that I need to get into my AAR which is now late.

NS

I would agree, though I may be less diplomatic about it, haha. Would you change anything about the pistol? Targetry? Thoughts on par times for e dynamic stages?

My thoughts there are that using a set of targets that no one trains wit throughout the year is odd, especially those cotton-pickin' hostage targets. Also, starting the first shoot on score at 25m is tough on folks who show up with weapons that may need to have their zeros confirmed. I'd start in close and work back on the static ranges. I  did appreciate the availability of the dry house this year before the dynamic matches.

Yup, preparedness pays.

I wasn't prepared, and my pistol scores reflected that.  Not enough time on the zeroing range.

Pistol targetry....hm.  How about going back to Figure 11's, 12's and 12c's?  All stock available through the system.

Our guys said the weather was amazingly bad, yet the general standard of shooting was much higher than last year. BZ all!

I thought the weather was better this year than last, less wind on my shoots. The scores were up all over. Nice to see people have been training hard for this event in the off season.

Back