• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CH-148 Cyclone Progress

Okay, but it still seems a little junior varsity to do a northern trip in the summer, and brag about it.

I’ll be impressed when it does it in February;)
Not to be a dick, but it really raises the stakes and the danger level in doing a navigation system trial in the arctic, in the dark, at minus 40c.

you know- crawl, walk, run?

It has to do with testing/certifying the FMCDUs and the EGIs North of 70. Not cold weather testing.

It spoke to one of the aircrew on that trip, recently. It was a spectacular series of flights. They got to within 300Nm of the North pole, which is certainly a record for a Canadian Maritime Helo.

FMCDUs and EGIs?

Is that to do with the ability to automatically hold a hover? I understand GPS is challenging in those latitudes.

It has to do with testing/certifying the FMCDUs and the EGIs North of 70. Not cold weather testing.

It spoke to one of the aircrew on that trip, recently. It was a spectacular series of flights. They got to within 300Nm of the North pole, which is certainly a record for a Canadian Maritime Helo.
I think the EGIs are the same/similar model to the CH-147F, so you folks should be good to go. 😉

And as you note with the 148, SKT, the 147F first round Northern testing was also done in August. 👍🏼

Not to be a dick, but it really raises the stakes and the danger level in doing a navigation system trial in the arctic, in the dark, at minus 40c.

you know- crawl, walk, run?
I expect more from MH pilots than I do from most other pilots ;)
Almost as much as I expect from formerly young Huey pilots @Good2Golf ;)

well done the Fleet Air Arm
homepageimageoptimised.jpg

OK, I stand (or sit at the keyboard) corrected. Didn't realize that he had died, but he did believe in aliens.

OK, I stand (or sit at the keyboard) corrected. Didn't realize that he had died, but he did believe in aliens.
At this point if Aliens just showed up I would be...really it took this long to show yourself? LOL

After watching a video of a DOE director of nuclear waste steal luggage in a dress, combat boots and leather dog masks on his submissives they can't be any weirder. LOL

If aliens are watching us, I'd bet they're sending holo-recordings (or whatever high tech recording system they'd have) back to their planet as a reality show depicting just how stupid an intelligent dominant planetary species can act. ;)

If aliens are watching us, I'd bet they're sending holo-recordings (or whatever high tech recording system they'd have) back to their planet as a reality show depicting just how stupid an intelligent dominant planetary species can act. ;)
"So you think you can Human" tonight at 8:00

We're not in the Matrix, we on Survivor and The Galaxy's Funniest Planet Videos

Back