• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chaplain ( Merged )

[quote author=AbdullahD] Problem is I'm not sure of what schools to use for the degree programs.. the Islamic schools I would use are not accredited and getting 2 years experience would be mighty inconvenient.[/quote]

Chaplain is definitely an officer occupation and one of the few requiring a DEO entry scheme.
Through the CFRG and Chaplain school in Borden, there are contacts who you guide qualified, interested Chaplains through the recruiting process.

Bring your concerns about which qualifying Canadian Islamic program is suitable, if the goal is to increase numbers, they should be willing to provide the answers. If a particular school is not accredited, there very well be solid reasons for it.

Sadly, I doubt the X number of years experience is something that can't be worked around with this occupation.  I have a friend applying as a Chaplain, from a non-traditional faith, and the recruiting system is seriously working with him to meet all the check boxes, but he has to meet the requirements as well.

As with many of these highly specific questions, it really is true, speaking with the CFRC and higher is your best option to gather accurate answers.

Good luck.

Thanks Kratz, I am working with buddies of mine in regards to accredited Islamic schools in Canada to make sure no suitable option exists.

I have reached out to laurentian university as well and they do offer some good programs. That may work for me, so I may go this route and miss the Islamic focused studies and do general religious studies and do the Islamic studies on the side through friends who are qualified.

The years of experience, if needed, can be obtained if I choose this route. I have a very good friend who is a Mufti in Detroit who can probably arrange for me to gain the experience that is needed.. hopefully not in detroit though haha.

If I decide for sure this will be my route, I'll get all my boxes checked and when we are done cruising I'll apply. To be honest, I may have to reach out to a Padre just to talk.. in regards of job fulfillment and challenges etc. I've spent a lot of time thinking about career changes in the last few months here and I want to be sure I dont mess it up. Hence the boat.. want to go sailing before I apply to see if I do enjoy it...

Any rate I'll stop my rambling haha thanks again for the input.

Abdullah

Back