• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chest Rig vs Tac vest

Status
Not open for further replies.
starlight_cdn said:
My father has had lunch with the Defence Minister who is under the impression that 5 mags is more than enough.

Oh give me a bloody break!?!  ::)

Quagmire said:
I hope you educate your father who in turn can re-educate the MND.

I am putting together of anecdotal and TTP points for my Dad when he dines with our political boss again. Please feel free to PM me relevent AARs and TTPs to beef up the presentation about the TV and CF tacitical gear. My father is approaching this from within the Conservative Party: he has done some important work for the party. That and he can be very persistant.

Thanks in advance.

starlight_cdn said:
My father has had lunch with the Defence Minister who is under the impression that 5 mags is more than enough. "There is always more in the boat (evidently referring to the aged AVGP)" Doesn't mean much if all your stay behinds got blown up with the veh ::)
IF and ONLY IF the magazines were all we had to worry about, then a simple fix could be to make the mag pouches big enough to hold 2 in each (3 in each?). Having said that, there is C9 ammo, 40mm Grenades, HE grenades, etc etc.  Can't focus on one thing here (the mags), but what I find ironic is that "5 mags" was "considered" for so long to suffice: even when we were supposed to shoot at human wave assaults by the 1st Guards Tank Division! 
PS: Tell Daddy to say hi to MND for us all here at army.ca :D

vonGarvin said:
IF and ONLY IF the magazines were all we had to worry about, then a simple fix could be to make the mag pouches big enough to hold 2 in each (3 in each?). Having said that, there is C9 ammo, 40mm Grenades, HE grenades, etc etc.  Can't focus on one thing here (the mags), but what I find ironic is that "5 mags" was "considered" for so long to suffice: even when we were supposed to shoot at human wave assaults by the 1st Guards Tank Division! 
PS: Tell Daddy to say hi to MND for us all here at army.ca :D

I agree mags are not the only issue, considering my uncle survived Chinese human wave attacks in Korean at Kapyong in 1951. We really did not learn our lessons. BTW, haven't called him Daddy for over 20 years..... :D

I'm going to forward to any PMs I get on the subject to him as ammunition.

starlight_cdn said:
Got a good buddy in country running a TAG Molle plate carrier from One Shot Tactical. He is running, at least, ten mags primary and four to five mags secondary. The plate carrier worked better getting in and out o' vehicles for rapid dismount  with all the necessary fighting gear. He is a medic.....the infantry are carry more mags and frags.

Link to TAG Carrier: http://www.oneshottactical.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=oneshot&Product_Code=CR-PlateCarrier&Category_Code=CR

My father has had lunch with the Defence Minister who is under the impression that 5 mags is more than enough. "There is always more in the boat (evidently referring to the aged AVGP)" Doesn't mean much if all your stay behinds got blown up with the veh ::)

OK TIME OUT ! I HAVE TO RUN TO THE VEH. & GET MORE MAG'S, BE RIGHT BACK ! :threat:

In one of last firefights the boy's were going though 15+ mag's & looking for more !
you can't put you life on the line thinking I have 10 mag's, the rest are in the veh. Eng's
thinking is the veh. is gone!  What I carry is a crap load of ammo & water, the rest is gravey.
             PC.GEAR is making 3xmag pouches, 6 x mag pouches,plus 1&2's, and Modular
Chest Rig's, Modular Combat Belt's,&Modular Leg Harness, which all the pouch's are compatable w/ all the systems.

We have a new 10 lt. hydration system, which you can backpack 2 or3.

www.cpgear.com

bilton090 said:
    In one of last firefights the boy's were going though 15+ mag's & looking for more !
you can't put you life on the line thinking I have 10 mag's, the rest are in the veh. Eng's
thinking is the veh. is gone!  What I carry is a crap load of ammo & water, the rest is gravey.
             PC.GEAR is making 3xmag pouches, 6 x mag pouches,plus 1&2's, and Modular
Chest Rig's, Modular Combat Belt's,&Modular Leg Harness, which all the pouch's are compatable w/ all the systems.

We have a new 10 lt. hydration system, which you can backpack 2 or3.

www.cpgear.com

My buddy is a medic carrying three hundred rounds of 5.56, 65 rounds of 9mm, smk grens and a 35lb med bag. He limited himself to that so he could work on cas. The TAG vest is MOLLE...My personally owned HSGI plate carrier can carry 420 round 5.56mm(14mags), 65 rounds 9mm 5 mags, extra batteries, water and a med pouch. All this listed gear is tan, coyote brown or MARPAT arid, not CADPAT temperate.

It was the MND that thought 5 mags with more in the  veh were enough, not anyone on this thread.

Seriously, Stay safe.

It is a nice legacy rig.

Pre MOLLE - pre 911

a lot of gear concepts got changed after that.

Okay, I'm an M203 grenadier, and I'm still using the issued vest.  I like to use the First Samco mag cinches, but I have to put those in my C9 pouch.  I'm also stuffing my 40mm rounds in the grenade pouches, and smoke grenade pouches, and whatever's left in the C9 utility pouch.  Now this is obviously a lousy way to do it, but it's alright I guess, as far as using issued kit goes. 

What kind of rig set up would you suggest?  Should I keep it at that, go for like CP Gear extra 2x or 3x mag pouches, 40mm rounds pouches?  An entirely different chest rig like you people are talking about?  I'm kinda feeling lost at sea as far as the kit that's available and what might work good is concerned.

Now considering that I might deploy either with 1R22R or most likely with 2RCR in February, any body knows how they are as far as using personnal kit goes? (I've seen organizations refuse any use of anything but issued kit).

Ditch the First SAMCO cinches - we trialed them in Afghan when I was still in the CF (I should have listened to MarkC and RobAk and got the COL to get redi-mags)
They tend to do damange to the mags over a period of time and also allow foreign debris (poo dust) into the spare mag.  they where the best cinch of the 5 we trialed - but all fall well short of a redi-mag (bolts onto the weapon).
Redi-Mag II
ContractorDriving427.jpg

IF you can ditch the TV and are willing to spend the $ without complaint do it -- the TV is not a good fighting vest.  The TV really is not layed out well to take advantage of the space it occupies.  IF not - then consider getting an aftermarket mod for the Utility/C9 pouches.

I dislike leg rigs - but you may wish to consider it as a method of carryign the M203 grenades or better yet go for the Tactical Tailor waist belt

You mean to basically ditch the pouches, and get one of those CP 3x pouch type things?  Or have them professionally sown on to replace the original chest pouches?  I wouldn't mind going for an entirely different rig, but I have to check what the COs will allow.

Kendrick said:
What kind of rig set up would you suggest?  Should I keep it at that, go for like CP Gear extra 2x or 3x mag pouches, 40mm rounds pouches?  An entirely different chest rig like you people are talking about?  I'm kinda feeling lost at sea as far as the kit that's available and what might work good is concerned.

The gear should be in Tan, Coyote Brown, or Digital Arid.....none of this silly green or CADPAT in the sand. Get a modular system from a high end company.....modular is adaptable to suit the mission as your role changes. (MOLLE is an almost universal system)

PM sent with my gear guy's contact info...

Kendrick said:
You mean to basically ditch the pouches, and get one of those CP 3x pouch type things?  Or have them professionally sown on to replace the original chest pouches?  I wouldn't mind going for an entirely different rig, but I have to check what the COs will allow.
              CP gear has a 3 mags x 2 pouchs = 6mags
                        All the kit is being made in arid cadpat

Do you get a commission for every post you make advertising CP gear?

Infanteer said:
Do you get a commission for every post you make advertising CP gear?
                     NO !

This can be moded for M203's rds. Chest Rig,  all kit to come in Arid Cadpat aswell !

I strongly suggest that anyone who expects to have to fight NOT to buy CP Gear. It's designed for the CP only, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back