• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chicken v. Egg

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisf

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
I've solved the chicken versus the egg debate using army logic...

"Which came first, the chicken or the egg?"
"The chicken clearly hatched from the egg."
"Yes, but without a chicken to lay the egg, where did the egg come from?"
"Sounds like you've got a logistics issue."

Good one.

But clearly, the egg came first. Follow the rules of evolution, and the chicken as we know it was created from a predecessor, thus making the egg before the chicken.

But clearly the Chicken came first. Only because where would the egg come from? Not that I know where exactly the chicken came from, but where did the egg come from?

Yep, had to be the egg.  Chicken-ish thing lays an egg, but the chicken-ish thing isn't completely suited to the environment, and chicken is born with new features to help it survive....basic biology 11!

Gilligan said:
Yep, had to be the egg.   Chicken-ish thing lays an egg, but the chicken-ish thing isn't completely suited to the environment, and chicken is born with new features to help it survive....basic biology 11!

agreed

Ah yes, all this is hanging on the Evolution Theory. personally, i find it much easier to answer most questions of such a nature with "Cause god made it that way".  Wait, come to think of it... maybe thats why I failed science in grade 10.. :eek:

I don't say this to offend anyone religious....but I honestly think evolution is a VERY feasible theory.  I'm not religious at all, but does religion actually claim in a way that evolution didn't happen? (sorry to kinda change the thread, but I'm curious)

Can't think of anything as such however religous folk often use the "god made woman from man and that's why man has one less rib " discussion.

I however am not a religious person, evolution is a possibility........ so is the bible being one big story that has been passed through generations to answer one question, who made us?

Except the change from chickenish
Gilligan said:
Yep, had to be the egg. Chicken-ish thing lays an egg, but the chicken-ish thing isn't completely suited to the environment, and chicken is born with new features to help it survive....basic biology 11!

Except the change from chicken-ish to chicken wasn't instantaneous, it occured over a great deal of time.

At any rate, that egg didn't find its way into the cheese omlette IMP, or if it did, that is one foul tasting egg. And it was aliens who put the egg here.

Obviously it wasn't instantaneous....hence the use of "chicken-ish" rather than "bird"  I could have said bird, referring to any kind of bird...but obviously there was something that the "chicken-ish" thing didn't have that the chicken does.  Why argue about terms....I figured I was being rather clear in that explanation.

With regards to religion, I just heard that a lot of people disclaim evolution, meaning that no species overlaps, and the way it is is the way God made it billions of years ago or whatever.  I personally strongly agree in evolution...of course whether or not we truely evolved from apes is highly debatable, I only mean that there are numerous species of animals that have only one difference other than where they live.  And showing migration patterns, old bone structures and so forth, I wouldn't say that evolution is possible, but that it is in fact the way of life.

I'd still contend that whatever the chickenish thing didn't have, that the chicken does, didn't disappear over one laying of eggs.  Thus leaving the chicken-egg debate unresolved.

Now look what you've (the starter of this topic, and every subsequent poster) done.  10 bucks says chickens, chickenish things, and eggs will be the major focus of my dreams tonight.

Big Foot said:
At any rate, that egg didn't find its way into the cheese omlette IMP, or if it did, that is one foul tasting egg. And it was aliens who put the egg here.

That's an egg? I always thought it was a ty-po. For puke in a bag.

As for the chicken vs. egg question, I knew it was only a matter of time before that topic would pop up. I just always thought it would be in the All Caps thread.  ;D

hoser said:
I'd still contend that whatever the chickenish thing didn't have, that the chicken does, didn't disappear over one laying of eggs.  Thus leaving the chicken-egg debate unresolved.

Uh.  An exact copy of todays chicken would have occured in one laying.  Otherwise it wouldn't be a chicken.  It might have occured at multiple places and multiple times, but that doesn't matter; only one of them would have been first.  No matter how you look at it, the egg still came first.

hoser said:
Thus leaving the chicken-egg debate unresolved.

After checking with supply,  I was told that eggs were on back order. They offered me an egg laying chicken instead, with no explanation of where it came from.

If you got it from CQ, chances are it's not a chicken.  Probably a re-painted turkey.

I'de do a good servicability check on it.........it might be N/S.....with the budgets being the way they are........who knows where the CQ got it

After completing a full DI, I've determined it is in fact a rooster.

End result is that as I signed for it, supply is clearly going to want a chicken back. Without eggs, I'm not entirely sure where that chicken is going to come from.

Remember the rule....bring it back in better condition than when it was issued to you.

and also: QR&Os state that the use of government issued equipment for purposes other than intended is an offence punishable by release from her majesty's forces or to less punishement"  ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back