• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chile officials blame T.O. police for soccer brawl

Both Central and South America are known for violent incidents related to Football/Soccer. Take for example the war in 1969 between El Salvador and Honduras that started because of a soccer game...

The overview of how it started...
http://libcom.org/library/soccer-war-1969-el-salvador-honduras-kapuscinski

And then the overview of the war itself...
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/war/elsalvador.htm

A football match suddenly turning into a diplomatic incident...amazing how an event in life can transform itself in one of another nature...a lesson to learn for all of us.

Luftwaffe said:
A football match suddenly turning into a diplomatic incident...amazing how an event in life can transform itself in one of another nature...a lesson to learn for all of us.

What??? You should be used to this ... being that you're posting from Britain and all.  ;)  I'd have thunk that you'd have learned your lessons by now over there. Interesting that you use the term "us."

Soccer hooligans ... in Canada ... other countries complaining ... who'd have thunk it just a mere short week ago?

Edited for damn typo (thanks Baden Guy ~ ironic isn't it)??

The hooliganism in English football has been largely curtailed, thanks in no small part to police services acting quickly and decisively.  Whyte Ave would suffer a lot less if the police over here learned to do the same.  The TPS done good, just not soon enough, the crap shuld have been stopped before the officials ever went off the pitch.  As usual, my $.02, less taxes.

ArmyVern said:
Soccer hooligans ... in Canada ...

You should see some of the parents who show up to kids soccer games... if you count them, hooliganism has been here for decades...

Some jerk quoted in the Toronto star yesterday who came here from Chile and is part of some Canadian-Chile org. said this reminded him of life under the dictatorship and that he expected this to happen in Chile in the 1970's not Toronto today. That the police were heavy handed and pretty much that this was just as bad as it was in Chile before.
They lost any possible sympathy they might have gotten from me with that morons comments. :p (I wont say what else I think of him because its too rude, but for him to compare this to that is so utterly offensive to me that I can not put it into proper language, but hey at least in this country we let him speak his mind no matter how stupid or ignorant his comments might be).

FascistLibertarian said:
Some jerk quoted in the Toronto star yesterday who came here from Chile and is part of some Canadian-Chile org. said this reminded him of life under the dictatorship and that he expected this to happen in Chile in the 1970's not Toronto today. That the police were heavy handed and pretty much that this was just as bad as it was in Chile before.

I didn't hear about any shootings taking place or any "Death Squads".........Did I miss something?

I applaud the "heavy" police response, and I hope they continue it. You want to act out, then take it back to your country, here it is illegal, and, no, soccer players are not exempt.

Kat Stevens said:
They're NOT teenagers, they're grown men,

I really think that says it all. 19 and 20 years olds are NOT kids, even if they act like spolied, petulant brats. Good job by Torontos finest!

Back