• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chinese Military,Political and Social Superthread

Trudeau will just appoint another fall guy to serve up the same report. His worshipers will take it and rearrange the paragraphs and say it's a new report. There is no chance Trudeau will accept any heat for this.

As a former Governor General, and one of the few held in high regard, he should have seen that this would have been a political shit-show and steered clear. Now his reputation has been torched. No one will be naming schools after him now.
Do we have a single 21st century GG with an untarnished reputation?

Trudeau will just appoint another fall guy to serve up the same report. His worshipers will take it and rearrange the paragraphs and say it's a new report. There is no chance Trudeau will accept any heat for this.
Good. Leave it as an issue for the next election. maybe some folks will care enough.

🍻

Must be a crushing thing to have to admit defeat on top of the realization that a sizeable chunk of Canada no longer thinks you have a reputation.
This is the legacy he will be remembered for. Unfortunately Mr. Johnston was a victim our Dear Leader's vanity and self entitlement.

I put the entire weight of blame on this fiasco on the PM and his advisors. Did it never cross their minds that just because Johnston was named GG by SH that this version of the Conservative Party of Canada would not find a way to make this appointment about the inside circle of the Laurentian Elite? Could the PMO not have reached out to the other parties to ensure full house support of the appointee? LIke for fucks sake, quit smelling your own farts PMO. You are not the smartest kids in the lunchroom, you are bunch of nerds getting daily wedgies from the goths.

This is about the security of the nation, stop the games and do something right for once!

Just add it to the list of political missteps taken by this PM since taking office in 2015.

Might need more space on SharePoint though...

This is the legacy he will be remembered for. Unfortunately Mr. Johnston was a victim our Dear Leader's vanity and self entitlement.
He is a victim of his own poor judgement. He was a former GG! He is supposed to be beyond influence. How could he not see his own inappropriateness given his personal history with Trudeau/Trudeau Foundation/China?

Just add it to the list of political missteps taken by this PM since taking office in 2015.

Might need more space on SharePoint though...
The attempt to influence a solution to SNC Lavalin was not a misstep, neither was the WE Charity bullshit he thought he could get away with.

JT does not give a shit what you or I or 38 million citizens think.

The attempt to influence a solution to SNC Lavalin was not a misstep, neither was the WE Charity bullshit he thought he could get away with.

JT does not give a shit what you or I or 38 million citizens think.
Oh believe me, my comment was dripping with sarcasm and apathy.

I say add it to the list, because I have zero faith that anything will change.

Saw this article on Realclearpolitics this morning

These paragraphs caught my eye - they sounded familiar. The whole article is worth a read despite the inevitable partisanry. Does anybody else have difficulty remembering Chinagate?

While Chung remained at the Commerce Department, Huang left to work for the Clinton reelection effort. He raised almost $3 million for the DNC and Clinton in 1996, half of which was later found illegal or improper and returned because the donations came from foreign sources, many of them tied to Beijing.

The Justice Department, through a specially appointed task force, investigated Huang as a possible “agent of influence” for China. In 1999, Huang pleaded guilty to a felony violation of campaign finance laws for arranging illegal foreign donations. Even though the felony charge carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison, he was sentenced to one year of probation and agreed to cooperate with prosecutors in their investigation of several co-conspirators.

Got me to thinking about the rest of the Five Eyes -

Canada we know about.
Australia? They have tackled the problem openly and head on.
UK?

New Zealand?

And the EU.

I sense a pattern developing...😒

Foreign interference isn't a one-off thing. Not sure what kind of people would react to the matter as if it is. Lack of common sense?

Foreign interference isn't a one-off thing. Not sure what kind of people would react to the matter as if it is. Lack of common sense?

My concern is that too many Canadians see Canada as Exceptional. Our form of exceptionalism is that we are exceptionally isolated and protected and thus excluded from the demonstrable norms of the rest of the world.

As a guy once reminded me when I attended a meeting he didn't want me at: We're not the Good Guy here. At least in the eyes of many.

Liberalism to them is a bug, not a feature.

Back