• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Choices After BFT

I guess it just comes down to perspective. A guy with less than 500 hours can teach someone to fly, whereas on the operational Sqns, you typically need 500 hrs on type to even upgrade to aircraft captain (obviously Hornets excepted). Kinda hard to teach someone something that you've only seen once or twice, if at all.

SF2,

When I went through, all "jet" guys went through Ph III on the Hawk, got their wings and then went to FIS. No one gets their wings after the Harvard course, Ph IIa or Ph IIb, and only winged pilots go to FIS. While you were off in Portage, your coursemates were doing the Hawk course.

You may be thinking of Ph IV in Cold Lake on the Hawk, the guys don't typically do that course until they're on their way to the Hornet OTU.

Makes sense Inch.....like I said, i didn't really pay much attention - I was busy sitting around on weather days and playing ball hockey......

SF2 said:
Makes sense Inch.....like I said, i didn't really pay much attention - I was busy sitting around on weather days and playing ball hockey......

BHS, Ball Hockey School.  ;)

I_am_John_Galt_(again) said:
Looking4Higher, not sure how far along you are, but there's another change in the works.  They are running a "PFT-Extended" course this fall (on a trial basis) that would cover the syllabus of BFT (Moose Jaw), but be done in Portage on the Grobs and be less Fast Jet-oriented (similar to what has been run for foreigners in the past): of course the catch is that graduates would almost certainly be forfeiting any chance to go AFT - Fast Jet (and presumably Instructor, unless Globesmasher's experience is more common than I've been led to believe). 

P.S> Also no Harvard, no Hawk.

How would that work? They would ask you if you want to go this route, or just put you on it?

volition said:
How would that work?
Right now they are looking for volunteers (of which I am sure there is no shortage) ... presumably would be the same in the future ...

Back