- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 210
Today was civic election day in BC. I don't know if it's all across Canada. Did you vote? Why or why not? Just curious
I did, because I feel it's my duty as a citizen to vote. I had a discussion with my building manager, who doesn't vote, and I can understand why he doesn't (feels cynical about the process, not informed about the candidates, happy with the status quo). I feel those things too, to a degree, yet I feel honour-bound to participate.
I know many people who don't feel informed enough to vote in civic politics but vote in provincial or federal elections, so I added those choices to the poll.
I did, because I feel it's my duty as a citizen to vote. I had a discussion with my building manager, who doesn't vote, and I can understand why he doesn't (feels cynical about the process, not informed about the candidates, happy with the status quo). I feel those things too, to a degree, yet I feel honour-bound to participate.
I know many people who don't feel informed enough to vote in civic politics but vote in provincial or federal elections, so I added those choices to the poll.


