• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Civie career after RMC?

SupersonicMax said:
Maybe you aren't happy with the military ::)

Max

And further to my last: I think that you are right about him (HitOrMiss); I think that he isn't happy with what the military accepts for officer material these days: self-centered ME, ME, ME personality types (as attested to by the fact that you aren't the only one in your peer group who feels this way, as you mentioned in a previous post).

Get what you can out of the military, and be gone with you. The military is a calling. Let the people that feel that way occupy it. We can do without the rest of society that only looks out for themselves.

Al

In fact, I'm REALLY happy with the military.  It has been a wonderful experience so far.  Not because of the education I get right now... Right now, this is my biggest motivationnal issue, school (only 2 weeks to go!!)  But from what I've seen during PFT, in the Squadrons and on OJT, I really look forward to working in this environment.  I really enjoyed it.

Max

SupersonicMax said:
Frederick.  I never said first year are stupid. If you can quote me on that I'd be pleased to admit it.  Everybody went through 1st year and yes that's a pain in the ***...

I wasn't say you personally said it, it just seems to be an overriding opinion of fourth years that us first years are fuckups.

Oh and just so you know, I already live off campus.  I "am" in the "big bad world".  If you read the entire post, you could see that no, I don't expect to quit after mandatory service.  But I say that it is an option to be considered!  But as long as the CF are good enough, I'll stay...  I don't even think about end of mandatory service...  I think more about getting through MJ.

My post was about people in general, although I understand why you'd feel I was targetting you. Doesn't it seem like living a year out in the world would be beneficial for everyone?

And, yes, it's an "option" you can't forget about, but I don't think it's a good idea to be thinking about it right off the bat. If you went into battle, would you say "ok, here's the plan for the attack, and HERE is the plan for the retreat. It's really, really important to know how to retreat. So, here's the plan again, just so you know what to do"? (Ok, bad analogy, but I'm the King of Bad Analogies)

Allan Luomala said:
And maybe my dig about a LOT of pilot washouts going Armour officer, and poisoning the Corps (IMO) with that type of mentality (SuperfluousMaxiPad's, that is) was probably lost on everyone, but me.

Not everyone Al..... I know exactly who your talking about    ;)

He hasn't changed a bit either.

Regards

Hey all,

Was away for a week.  Looks like I missed alot.

Frederik...
My post was about people in general,
  It's posts like this (and comments that ALL pilots that I know say this and that) that get people riled up.  The pilots at RMC are a very small number of the total pilots in the CF.  And, gyess what, many of them may never end up becoming pilots.  So, suggest you lay off the generalizations for a bit.

As for everyone leaning on Max, give the kid a break.  I would much rather work with a guy who knows what he wants and makes sure everyone else knows as well, than with someone who says one thing and will turn around and do something completely different.

What we Anglos might see as Max's poor efforts in expressing his humour, any Franco here, or anyone with an intimate knowledge of the culture AND language (having Bs across the board just does not cut it) can understand his difficulties in getting his message across.  If you don't think the french and english humour is different, one just has to ask a Fanco if they like Monty Python.  I'll tell you, I still have a hard time understanding the humour in Ma p'tite vie.

Max, good luck with your training.  Here's hoping you don't have to wait too long to get on your courses.

Strike said:
  If you don't think the french and english humour is different, one just has to ask a Fanco if they like Monty Python.  I'll tell you, I still have a hard time understanding the humour in Ma p'tite vie.

I'm french.....i like Monty Python  ;D

Ma p'tite vie.....I always thought that was pretty straightforward  :p

The majority of my relatives are Franco.  None of them understand MP.

Back