• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Close Area Suppression Weapon (was Company Area Suppression Weapon)

Infanteer said:
Next you know, we'll be divesting the the C6 GPMG to pay for vehicle mounts....
I seem recall sometime in the 60's SOMEBODY decided we didn't need the .50s and they all disappeared . A relatively short time later SOMEONE else decided that was a bad idea and we purchased  god knows how many thousands of .50 browning M 2s .And if one urban legend is true  a fair number of them were some of the MGs We 'd originally sold in the first place.

GK .Dundas said:
I seem recall sometime in the 60's SOMEBODY decided we didn't need the .50s and they all disappeared . A relatively short time later SOMEONE else decided that was a bad idea and we purchased  god knows how many thousands of .50 browning M 2s .And if one urban legend is true  a fair number of them were some of the MGs We 'd originally sold in the first place.

Kind of like our Chinooks then? It's nice to hang onto those traditions.

And here's what it looks like, at the Infantry School today:

217476_10150156509331232_623831231_7063750_2433797_n.jpg

And it stores in these boxes:

208019_10150156509146232_623831231_7063747_3372941_n.jpg

Enjoy humping it!  ;D

Holy Mother of Broken Backs..... does it come with a slave to carry it, like in Sparta?  :eek:

daftandbarmy said:
Holy Mother of Broken Backs..... does it come with a slave to carry it, like in Sparta?  :eek:
Yes.  He is known as a "00010-01 Infantryman"  ;D

Looking at the pictures, what is that to the left of the tripod? Looks like a spare leg.

I can hear the characteristic now:

"Man portable for short distances"

But who decides what a short distance is?????

dangerboy said:
Looking at the pictures, what is that to the left of the tripod? Looks like a spare leg.
The front tripod leg has two "feet".  One for low mount (which you see on the ground) and one for high mount, which sticks forward.

Technoviking said:
The front tripod leg has two "feet".  One for low mount (which you see on the ground) and one for high mount, which sticks forward.

I thought it was a club for beating the No.3 with if they can't keep up on the march to battle  ;D

Now we just need pictures of the ammo cans that you will need to properly employ it as a fire base.

dangerboy said:
Now we just need pictures of the ammo cans that you will need to properly employ it as a fire base.
I'll have to go buy a wide-angle lens.  That or you can just see them from Google-Earth ;D

Now I can make money off this....

I am going to sell to the army a damn good dead Lift routine to build some serious strength because thats the only damn way your going to move that around.

OR

DS to candidates

"In your Estimate, when calculating time to move to the objective, ensure you allow for 20 minutes for every KM for crews humping C16 and ammo...."

Indulge me here>

A new trade will be required.

Exclusively for clones of this woman:

Dissident said:
Did we buy any sort of vehicle mounts for that thing?
No.  Having said that, however, new vehicles may have an AGLS on them, but they aren't the weapons purchased.  These are all ground-mounts only.

Dissident said:
Did we buy any sort of vehicle mounts for that thing?

These guys had a vehicle mount but apparently it didn't help much: ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVT1y6z-tuA&feature=related

Jim Seggie said:
I can hear the characteristic now:

"Man portable for short distances"

But who decides what a short distance is?????

Some fecal cephalic cubicle dweller who'll never have to move it.

MM

Technoviking said:
No.  Having said that, however, new vehicles may have an AGLS on them, but they aren't the weapons purchased.  These are all ground-mounts only.

I thought I remembered that is was so, but it is so retarded that I just had to ask again.

Back