• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CMMA - replacing the CP140 Aurora

Embraer is still suing Boeing over their failed merger, does Boeing want another identical lawsuit in parallel?

Not so fast boys and girls.......I think the fix is in

"Ford asks Trudeau to let Bombardier bid

Did Trudeau ask Ford to ask him to help Bombardier? I would put a strong bet on this. Trudeau is looking for cover to not give to Boeing. But even if not I get why Ford is asking.

We can in this country really make easy hard!

Fuck it - let them “bid”. The HLMRs etc are publicly available.

I’ll order my retro Fisher Price plane off Amazon so I can place higher with my real aircraft that exits in material form.

Bombardier probably just jockeying for a Boeing takeover…
That’s the way the system tends to work.
Long term.....I would say that is the play for Bombardier to be taken over. Get the liabilities down. Boost profits and sales. But don't wait too long as they don't have the ability or resources to design new clean sheet aircraft.

Did they submit a response when it was posted?

I’m guessing no…

Can they do a fly off against a picture of a P8 tomorrow?

Nick Offerman Smile GIF

More with the PR machine moving to high gear.

As the saying goes....this is where the fun begins......

The odds are changing on the bets. I was at 80% for the Boeing, I would put it back 50/50.

The "For" P8 side

5 eyes and other Allies compatible
Real Plane and working
Good supply chain
Upgrade path
Makes US happy
First and really only choice of RCAF

The Against side AND for Bombardier

Quebec Inc
Trudeau and the Family
Made Canada people
Ontario now
GD Canada
Canadian Unions (they next in the PR war to be heard from)

Oh one mistake I think Bombardier did was use GD mission systems. They would than be able to pitch it as a product they can sell others. But GD won't because of Gulfstream.

The odds are changing on the bets. I was at 80% for the Boeing, I would put it back 50/50.

The "For" P8 side

Real Plane and working
Good supply chain
Upgrade path
Makes US happy

Quebec Inc
Trudeau and the Family
Made Canada people
Ontario now
GD Canada

Oh one mistake I think Bombardier did was use GD mission systems. They would than be able to pitch it as a product they can sell others. But GD won't because of Gulfstream.
I don't understand what Ford expects to get out of it. ZD is scheduled to be closed and become development land for Toronto. Toronto itself has been foaming at the mouth for years now having all those acres that they can't use right on the 401. If ZD closes Bombardier is outta there and there is no other place for them in all of Ontario unless they resume their lease for the hangers in YB

I don't understand what Ford expects to get out of it. ZD is scheduled to be closed and become development land for Toronto. Toronto itself has been foaming at the mouth for years now having all those acres that they can't use right on the 401. If ZD closes Bombardier is outta there and there is no other place for them in all of Ontario unless they resume their lease for the hangers in YB
If nothing else GD mission systems is in Ottawa.

I thought Bombardier committed to Global finishing in Ontario? I may not be remembered correctly. Something to Unifor?

The "For" P8 side

Real Plane and working
Good supply chain
Upgrade path
Makes US happy

Quebec Inc
Trudeau and the Family
Made Canada people
Ontario now
GD Canada

The claim “cost comparable to P-8” is ridiculous. They are absorbing all the R and D?

They still can’t put aircraft on the line as quickly as needed. The Aurora is getting tired.

The claim “cost comparable to P-8” is ridiculous. They are absorbing all the R and D?

They still can’t put aircraft on the line as quickly as needed. The Aurora is getting tired.
The line that it is “normal” for a contract to be awarded to something not in place yet is laughable.

It is, in Canada, but we’ve had several examples why it is a stupid idea compared to an aircraft that actually exists.

Also, saying it would be price competitive but then not actually naming a price, and basically saying “we’ll we won’t say it until there is a competition” made me 😂

As an aside, if it was ever public, I would want to know what percentage of the bid is Value Proposition and ITBs.

If nothing else GD mission systems is in Ottawa.

I thought Bombardier committed to Global finishing in Ontario? I may not be remembered correctly. Something to Unifor?
here is the press. The way this reads the only way a global will leave downsview is on a railcar.:
Danish studio Henning Larsen Architects, local studio KPMB and landscape architecture studio SLA are set to convert an airstrip outside of downtown Toronto into a residential district.

Downsview Airfield, 15 kilometres northwest of downtown Toronto, will be turned into a residential and commercial district with strong transport connections to the city.

The development will be arranged around the two-kilometre-long runway, which will be turned into a "pedestrian corridor" that links the communities built within the 520-acre site.

here is the press. The way this reads the only way a global will leave downsview is on a railcar.:
Danish studio Henning Larsen Architects, local studio KPMB and landscape architecture studio SLA are set to convert an airstrip outside of downtown Toronto into a residential district.

Downsview Airfield, 15 kilometres northwest of downtown Toronto, will be turned into a residential and commercial district with strong transport connections to the city.

The development will be arranged around the two-kilometre-long runway, which will be turned into a "pedestrian corridor" that links the communities built within the 520-acre site.
Bombardier will gradually be moving Global production to a new facility at the northwest corner of YYZ, next to FedEx (once facility is complete).

Most recent article I could find:

Bombardier will gradually be moving Global production to a new facility at the northwest corner of YYZ, next to FedEx (once facility is complete).

Most recent article I could find:

thx

Bombardier patrol planes will have price 'competitive' with Boeing jets

Until, eventually, it is built, years from now. But the vote purchasing will be now.

Back