• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CMMA - replacing the CP140 Aurora

Confused Little Girl GIF

I’d classify that paragraph as “a nice fairytale”…

A smart politician (lol) would say "The P8 is the right platform to work with our allies, but the federal government business jet fleet is a climate change dinosaur and I recommend that the government initiate a process to replace the fleet with the modern and more climate friendly aircraft that Bombardier produces right here in Canada.

I think my meds have kicked in as I typed this.

Lol they have replaced the VVIP fleet twice (maybe more) in the lifespan of the CP140.

Plus the tankers were fast tracked because Justin needed a new ride.

Lol they have replaced the VVIP fleet twice (maybe more) in the lifespan of the CP140.

Plus the tankers were fast tracked because Justin needed a new ride.
From the requirements side, a VVIP aircraft is less complex. Fewer systems to consider and include/test.

I am probably being too hard on Bombardier. If they start now, they should have a flying, working prototype in (checks watch)…

2040. Tops.

You left out the quotes around "working".

After all, they are promising the mission system on the Cyclone on their MPA, which also requires the use of quotes around the word "working".

I thought you guys would enjoy this image ;) :)
I wonder if their wonderful model has had any calculations to the speed and range drops from their actual plane to this vaporware item?
Seems to have about 75% more frontal area cross-section - and the drag is going to be a killer.
This appears to be a 10+year program at best to have a viable airframe that cannot be as capable as the P-8A and won’t be 5E interoperable.

Back