• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CO of Hal relieved

I have no idea who corrected my spelling but thank you :) mucho appreciado.

So, the CAF will issue a press release announcing an appointment to command, but not release the name of the same individual if relieved of command.

Well, we will have to wait out for the rumor mill on that one. Any number of things but by the nature of the statement.

So, the CAF will issue a press release announcing an appointment to command, but not release the name of the same individual if relieved of command.

St. Croix, apparently, according to sleuths in Peterborough

The official news release does not include the name.

Why can't the CAF include it in the press release?

Why can't the CAF include it in the press release?
I assume they’re trying to avoid public shaming of someone who hasn’t been proven to have done anything (committed a service infraction?). But it’s impossible to hide it when it’s a publicly known position.

I assume they’re trying to avoid public shaming of someone who hasn’t been proven to have done anything (committed a service infraction?). But it’s impossible to hide it when it’s a publicly known position.
I believe that once you reach a level where you are appointed to a position through a formal selection process (COs, SWOs, RSMs, Cols/Capts, GOFOs), the public is entitled to know whether there are potential reasons to believe trust in your ability to hold that position is in doubt. With great powers comes great responsibilities (and accountability).

I'll go!

Because the CAF believes that the less information they provide the more the CAF will be protected from shame? ;)

richard reid winner GIF by I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! Australia

I believe that once you reach a level where you are appointed to a position through a formal selection process (COs, SWOs, RSMs, Cols/Capts, GOFOs), the public is entitled to know whether there are potential reasons to believe trust in your ability to hold that position is in doubt. With great powers comes great responsibilities (and accountability).

Agreed.

So not sexual related — next up Liquor…
That's my take on it. In the early 2000s IIRC I think the CO of 1 VP was relieved of command because he had a few drinks with the Brits in Bosnia despite the order "no alcohol" or similar orders.

That's my take on it. In the early 2000s IIRC I think the CO of 1 VP was relieved of command because he had a few drinks with the Brits in Bosnia despite the order "no alcohol" or similar orders.
I believe he drank slivovitz with a local official and ended up getting pissed, IIRC.

I believe he drank slivovitz with a local official and ended up getting pissed, IIRC.
Probably correct. I won't mention his name but in 2 VP as a Lt he was a real (insert expletive here ) as a Duty Officer. Defaulters hated him.

Back