• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Combats at LHQ

alexk said:
No i havent seen the new scout uniforms, would you like to enlighten us?

Basically a coloured T-shirt that doesn't even say scouts on it (it does have initials though). There's orange, green, and blue I think. It can be worn with either blue or tan pants, or shorts. Oh yeah, and the blue pants can be jeans if you want. Basically you can have 30 kids together, all in uniform, and none of them are uniform. They look like just a bunch of people in regular street clothes. So much for the definition of "uniform" or any sense of identity.

What I understand from my girlfriend is that the national leaders decided to change to this because their numbers were dropping and they thought it was because the kids didn't like being in uniform. So far, she has yet to meet someone in scouts who agrees with this. Everyone so far points out that cadet numbers are soaring, so obviously it's not the uniform. In fact, a number of peolpe who have left scouts have done so to join cadets. This leads me to two conclusions: 1) it's the training, not the uniform, that is hurting scouts and 2) the training for cadets is much better.

This is cadets not scouts.I'm an air cadets we never got to wear are combats we had to wear are blues.I see some corps who let their cadets were combats and who what the pubic thinks about the combats thinkings looks too army,of couse it looks army because theier combats.WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPEN TO CADETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :threat:

MikeM said:
I'll tell you what I tell my cadets... suck it up and soldier on, no matter how bad it gets... including myself.

Funny how officers like to use those kind of military-like phrases on us  , but on the other hand everyone says, 'cadets are youth, they have emotions and feelings, and this isn't the army, blah blah blah.' Then maybe instead of "ruck up and soldier on", it should be "Aww, come on dear, everything's gonna be alright" ....that sounds about right for Cadets Canada don't it? ::)

The Fighting 47th said:
Funny how officers like to use those kind of military-like phrases on us   , but on the other hand everyone says, 'cadets are youth, they have emotions and feelings, and this isn't the army, blah blah blah.' Then maybe instead of "ruck up and soldier on", it should be "Aww, come on dear, everything's gonna be alright" ....that sounds about right for Cadets Canada don't it? ::)

Sorry, can't do that either. Someone might CHAP you for calling them "dear"   :dontpanic:

OK.  So to get back on track here, I believe that we were discussing combat clothing at the LHQ.  I was with a unit last TRG year and we did receive a memo from our DET.(EOA)  The just of it was that combat clothing would NOT be worn on regular TRG nights for any reason other than "field" TRG.  Combat clothing was authorized for use during field exercises as well as loading and unloading of kit for said exercises.  That was about it.  CIC officers are also included in this memo.  Same rules apply.

Cheers!! :cdn:

The Army Guy

Instead of complaining about how 'bad' cadets is, get out there and enjoy it, take what you can from it, learn what you can, and then, if you really want to be in the army...go to your local recruiting center and sign up (like I did). Get what you can out of cadets. If you are all for joining the CF, cadets is a stepping stone. You start out in cadets, learn some basic skills; leadership, drill, markesmenship, PT, how to do your uniform etc. Then when your 16-17, go into the Reserves. Get a taste of what the CF is really like, do that for a few years as you go through college/university (or go to RMC...) and then if you are totally sure you want that kind of lifestyle...transfer into the Regular force. That is my plan...and so far it is working out perfectly. Instead of complaining about cadets, look at the good side, get what you can out of it, learn some skills (shooting, music, drill, instruction techniques) at summer camp and use those to your advantage in your future military.civilian career instead of sitting back and saying how bad it is.

OK.  Just wondering what that has to do with combats at the LHQ????

Just curious.

Cheers!!! :cdn:

The Army Guy

2332Piper said:
We are the best youth(Y-O-U-T-H) organisation in Canada. And trust me, you think Cadets is anal retentive when it comes to rules, you obviously were never in Scouts. Don't like it, join the army when you turn 16.

Um, well, I wouldn't say it is the best organization. There is no "BEST" organization. Its pretty good though, and along with scouts, Girl Guides, Church Groups, etc, it is well thought of in canadian communities

And now back to combats at LHQ

THE ARMY GUY said:
Combat clothing was authorized for use during field exercises as well as loading and unloading of kit for said exercises.  That was about it.  CIC officers are also included in this memo.  Same rules apply.
This is good.   Just as we were dumping the Garrison Dress I recall meeting a CIC officer who decided he would only wear combats on trg nights because he could not be bothered to iron or polish.   What kind of example was this setting for his cadets who were expected to show up in their parade uniforms every week?!

To those who feel that not wearing a CF Combat uniform makes cadets "pussier":   Get a grip.   Not everyone has money to buy used uniforms.   By expecting it of them you would discourage them from joining or ostracise them as "different" (lesser).   Being more military means wearing the uniform you are told to wear, and avoiding the stuff you are told not to wear.   It is not about having the sexy uniform of your choice.

It's good to see that problems never change I remember this back in the late 70's. We'd be howling every other week to wear combats to parade night  :crybaby:. Once the uniforms were changed  to the dark green pants we found something new. Wearing combat boots with dress uniforms with the pants tucked into the boot. (it sure looked cool).

Oli
Mainz Germany

OK.  I can see your point about that.  I was just curious.  Thanks for letting me know.

The Army Guy

Its pretty much up to the discretion of your units RCSU reg force advisor.. Our does not give a crap, even likes it.  Our corps does not have an issue with people not having ebough money because they will issue it if the cadet has any problems accuiring them ie. Surplus store has none etc.  But like I said its pretty much up to the RCSU to make the rules.

THE ARMY GUY said:
OK.   So to get back on track here, I believe that we were discussing combat clothing at the LHQ.   I was with a unit last TRG year and we did receive a memo from our DET.(EOA)   The just of it was that combat clothing would NOT be worn on regular TRG nights for any reason other than "field" TRG.   Combat clothing was authorized for use during field exercises as well as loading and unloading of kit for said exercises.   That was about it.   CIC officers are also included in this memo.   Same rules apply.

The Army Guy

I have read the same message from EOA and its about time I might think :salute:

I totally agree with this, cadets are becoming pussy's. Most of the cadets which are M/CPL and down, don't know anything about the military, and they are a bunch of undissiplined civies. Last year my corp wore combats almost every week. But this year, we are wearing them like once every 2 months.

Still, my corp still wears combats on normal nights every once and a while, but its becoming less and less. And its all because of the Liberals and little wippy cadets who tell their parents something they didnt like, and then their parents complain, which ends up makeing cadets worse and worse.

Well Sparks,

Do something about it.  As a sergeant it is your duty to make sure your suboordinates know what they are doing and are disciplined in doing it. Cadets isnt becoming as you so aptly put it "pussier" its just losing all the NCO's to incompetence which will thus create a generation of untrained cadets who will then be NCO's and the cycle will start again..

Ya i heard this it was somthing about it last year but then it just disolved but then it comes back again this year i hope it desolves again this year im glad it just aint our corps that is like that :cdn:

Back