• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Comm Research

I think it's the original author, given he just pasted the email he got.  I spotted a few typos in that email ;)

Confounded, send a email to the USS asking about the status of your clearance to make sure you haven't fallen thru the cracks.

George Wallace said:
"Leaving OUT"?

"Leaving IN"?

Are those your typos or from the original author?

The text that I quoted in the above post is a copy and paste of the email that was forwarded to me from the MWO, minus the signature block. 

meni0n said:
I think it's the original author, given he just pasted the email he got.  I spotted a few typos in that email ;)

Confounded, send a email to the USS asking about the status of your clearance to make sure you haven't fallen thru the cracks.

The replies that I've received from the MCpl were "processing" and "pending."  My supervisor spoke with an MWO on my behalf and he has sent another request, I was told that "no news is good news." 

That's what happens when people fuck the dog. Daily inspections were already in place, used to be a dress inspection and room on Friday.
First time in over a year and a half that they pull a daily room inspection. I was there 3 weeks ago and there was only like 15 people on PAT... what the hell did they do lol. (gonna ask ppl on pat)

When was that email sent? Because a lot of PATs were sent to Wainwright (although they apparently missed their flight today, lol).
With so few PATs, can't understand why would still go through with daily room inspections... even when people shat and pissed in fountains and door knobs they didn't do daily room inspections!

Confounded PAT said:
The replies that I've received from the MCpl were "processing" and "pending."  My supervisor spoke with an MWO on my behalf and he has sent another request, I was told that "no news is good news."

Confounded PAT

Go to the Home Page of this site.  In the SEARCH box type in "Security Clearance" and read the topics.  Your answers are all there.  As a AUSS I can assure you that you still have at the minimum a year wait.  The people who do the Clearances can in a good year do approx 3,000.  Take a look around your unit, and then at the various Schools, just across the street or down the road from you in CFB (K) and count the numbers.  3,000 is the total from all across Canada, and those deployed, not just where you are.  Even after your last interview, you are looking at a six to twelve month wait.

freakerz said:
... even when people shat and pissed in fountains and door knobs they didn't do daily room inspections!

Perhaps you have answered your own question.  If you (as in your whole course/platoon/shack) can't act in a responsible way, you will face the consequences.

George Wallace said:
Perhaps you have answered your own question.  If you (as in your whole course/platoon/shack) can't act in a responsible way, you will face the consequences.

You should hear the stories, consequences have never been a real threat around CFSCE... it's always been slaps on the hand. (in most people's opinion, not just mine)

I should go take a look at charges for being AWOL.. see if they're going for maximum or they've been giving minimum.

freakerz said:
That's what happens when people frig the dog. Daily inspections were already in place, used to be a dress inspection and room on Friday.
First time in over a year and a half that they pull a daily room inspection. I was there 3 weeks ago and there was only like 15 people on PAT... what the hell did they do lol. (gonna ask ppl on pat)

When was that email sent? Because a lot of PATs were sent to Wainwright (although they apparently missed their flight today, lol).
With so few PATs, can't understand why would still go through with daily room inspections... even when people shat and pissed in fountains and door knobs they didn't do daily room inspections!

I was booked to go on the Ex in Wainwright, but was pulled because of my year-and-some worth of training in my current tasking.  My initial assumption was that it was because I had volunteered myself for the Change of Command parade coming up.  After seeing the email, I would guess that someone crapped the bunk (literally, perhaps?) something fierce in the shacks.  I can only hope that it won't last too long.  I've kept my kit in order at home and it interferes with work.  The news came down to me shortly before lunch today.

As for the clearance, I fully expect at least 18 months from the initial interview.  Apologies if they came off as stupid questions, I've been largely out of touch with 4 Sqn since my tasking began.

I'll guess I'll see you troops on Tuesday, I have to figure out which moving box my parade boots are in.  ::)

Definitely ask the PAT MCpls, usually people on permanent taskings don't do inspections.
But, I've seen people on SLT do morning inspections because their first timing was 0900 and the inspection was earlier than 0730...
If you're tasking starts at 0800 or earlier, you shouldn't have to do the inspection.

P.S.: My bad for the curse word.

freakerz said:
Definitely ask the PAT MCpls, usually people on permanent taskings don't do inspections.
But, I've seen people on SLT do morning inspections because their first timing was 0900 and the inspection was earlier than 0730...
If you're tasking starts at 0800 or earlier, you shouldn't have to do the inspection.

P.S.: My bad for the curse word.

I start work at 0700 every morning, but I wasn't about to argue with the MWO.  I learned all about beginning a sentence with "well yes, but I..." on my phase one.  :-X

I'll politely speak up on Tuesday, but it sounds like I'll just have to work around it.  It's really strange that it begins on the 26th, yet most people that spoken with haven't heard about it.  Best of luck, I know that I was begging to go back to Meaford the last time that they ran these inspections.  If nothing came down through your CoC you're most likely in the clear.  Until they realize that a grand total of four living out people show up for the first few inspections, anyway.

Confounded PAT said:
I didn't want to turn it into a rant, I just wanted to see who was affected by it; namely 21 EW and other taskings around the base.  I guess you could say that I'm looking for an "out."

Anyone in another unit is attach posted to that unit, and cannot be called back to CFSCE unless they produce a cancel message for the attach posting which is normally only done when they are course loaded.

does anyone know when the next comms research op course is running. I have my application in and am joining as a recruit school bypass because I recentally released after 6 years in the infantry. I know someone who started bmq last month who was excepted for comms research. I'm wondering if I missed the boat, or if I'm just waiting for all the recruits to finish bmq /sq etc. then ill join up with them. I've been through the recruit process and know that there is no right answer till your on your first day of course, but any insight would be nice.

also from what I've read i will be spending a lot of time on Pat. Can you live off base if your on pat. Id assume you would have to wright a memo and jump through hoops but do people do it?

I am also currently applying for comms research, though I'm without prior service. I was told in July that they (Kitchener CFRC) haven't received any scheduling for the selection for comms research, at least up to the end of August. They assured me that if there was a sudden deadline to meet, they'd be whipping us through the application process accordingly.

I plan to ask again at my target interview this upcoming week.

Expect a 2-3 year wait to be fully QL3 qualified. You don't want to look at the next course, look at courses in 2013.

2-3 years yikes lol. thanks for the heads up.  On the bright side I wont mind sitting around collecting cpl 3 pay. About the living off base while on pat, can it be done? I have a wife and kid and I don't think they would approve if I was locked down 5 days a week.

p.s. BSG keep me posted on any new news on your status or anything related to our situation.

Living out is normally approved especially since you have a family. Shacks are pretty full in Kingston, they want as many as they can to live off base on PAT.

Appologies for the late reply.

You shouldn't have an issue putting a memo through to live off-base.  Usually for QL3 courses they want you to live in, but I've personally witnessed occasions where some were able to live out.  I imagine having a family would make you one of the exceptions.

As far as wait times, well, it's always hard to say.  I know CFSCE is not running any QL3 part 1 courses for a little while at least, as they're running two Phase 2 courses at a time.  I would think that a new course would start around the new year.  Comm Rsch is still a red trade so they're definitely looking for people.

Cool thanks. Just got the call today for my medical and interview, took them a while to get my med docks out of Archives Hope now that the ball starting rolling it wont take long. But who knows, it is the army lol.

I know the usual work schedule for comms research is shift work but I cant find any clarification on the usual shift schedule. Is it 4- 10's, rotating days, evenings, nights, with days off. etc. How does the shifting work?

Back