• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Comm Rsch question ????

Well said.....the key to getting the Code is time, some people take longer than others to get it, and yeah it's frustrating like hell!
But it's worth while to get through it, finish your 3's and join the trade.  Clearances have been (and probably will continue to be) a big problem, but again, unless you've been a particularly bad boy or girl, you'll get it in a matter of time.  They say patience is a virtue....bonne chance toute le gange!

with regard to initail postings to 2EW. At the moment that does not happen. However, I was at the 291 Trade briefing and the CM told us that in the near future QL3 graduates can go straight to 2EW in Kingston.

Take that with a grain of salt. It is not written on paper yet and our CWO has been known to changes his mind.

The Communicator Research trade is about to undergo an assessment and reorg....so big changes on the horizon.....

and ex-fusilier.....I think I was your roomate in Kingson....did you grad in July 2002? Like to hit SigOps with water balloons? Did I carry you from Stages to the front gate over my shoulder?

spookycanuck said:
The Communicator Research trade is about to undergo an assessment and reorg....so big changes on the horizon.....

Can you say MOSID!

Morse code is still in and 2EW might be an option after your three's.  You may be even longer than two year's waiting for your clearance, that's totally random and depends on a few things.
.-.-.  ...-.- . .

I have another Comm Rsch question. I don't know if it deserves its own thread, so I will post it here.

I know that Comm Rsch Op can deployed in army, navy, or air force uniforms, but initially take the Soldier Qualification course.

So if one is going to be deployed in a Navy or Air Force uniform does that mean they would take a Seaman/Airman Qualification course beforehand? It would seem to make sense to me that you should be trained in Ship Firefighting, naval history etc, if you're going to be part of a ship's crew for an extended amount of time...

DustyFoot said:
I have another Comm Rsch question. I don't know if it deserves its own thread, so I will post it here.

I know that Comm Rsch Op can deployed in army, navy, or air force uniforms, but initially take the Soldier Qualification course.

So if one is going to be deployed in a Navy or Air Force uniform does that mean they would take a Seaman/Airman Qualification course beforehand? It would seem to make sense to me that you should be trained in Ship Firefighting, naval history etc, if you're going to be part of a ship's crew for an extended amount of time...

Anyone going to ships takes NETP ( naval environment training program).  I dont beleive there is an Air specific course, If there is i havent taken it !!

Spooky

hehehe.....I decline to comment on those remarks :)

I would echo Spooky's comments and take this initial posting to 2EW off your 3's with a grain of salt.  However, the trade seems to be changing by the hour these days, so you never know what will happen.  As of right now though, it's not happening, every QL3 is initially posted to Leitrim, the happiest place on earth.

Dusty....concur with Aesop, everyone I know that's gone on ship has been required to take NETP beforehand.

One more spooky.......do I recall little white donuts???

291 ers can be deployed onboard without NETP but only on a waiver.

But thats another story........

Ex-fusilier said:
One more spooky.......do I recall little white donuts???

mmmmm......little white donuts.....

you bet buddy.....I thought it was you.....cheers mate

Sorry to butt in on this thread, but I was just wondering what your name was ex fusilier. I got to kingston the first of april, 2001 and graduated in july 02. My name is Vaters.
Cheers,
Rob.

Back