• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Commonwealth Apps

There's "no" restrictions on the number of days a reservist can work in a year (There are restrictions on the number of class A days, and other restrictions, but there's no over all restrictions)

There are full time BMQ-L courses run over the summer (and occasionally during the winter) composed entirely of army reservists.

They usually start running April/May time frame, BMQ is approx 1 month, then you can usually roll straight into SQ with the same course for approx 1 month.

If you're super keen, and if you've got a short enough QL3 course, occasionally, if the dates and planets line up, you can accomplish BMQ/SQ/QL 3 in one summer, for maybe 4-5 months employment.

Don't count on getting on any of these courses for full time employment, as it's never garunteed, in fact, don't ever budget anything around reserve employment other than the assumption of 4 working days per month, which is about the only "garuntee".

guarantee  :nod:

Honestly, if you want to go full time, Regular Force is better tailored for that.

Take a look at some of the part-time reserves jobs and full-time jobs. See what YOU want to do. http://www.forces.ca/en/jobexplorer/browsejobs-70

That was more concerning the fact the OP mentioned he'd recently been laid off and was available to do full time courses.

a Sig Op said:
That was more concerning the fact the OP mentioned he'd recently been laid off and was available to do full time courses.

ah, gotcha.

Thank you for all your replys.

Im in the process of applying but its gonna take a while as they have to do a security check in england.

Good luck.

Don't get hung up on any delays, they do happen, it's worth the wait.

Hi Chirch,

Good luck with your application. I'm in virtually the same boat as yourself. We moved to Canada in 2002 and got our citizenship in January 2010. I did spend 7 months back in England for work about 5 years ago which means that checks may have to be done in England. I spoke to my recruiter today and apparently the decision on whether to carry out more 'in depth' checks in England for pre sec is made in Ottawa. Fingers crossed, we both get lucky and get through to the next stage sooner rather than later. Either way, it'll be worth the wait! Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions specifically relevant to our situation... I may have already asked the question.

Cheers.

Chirch said:
Thank you for all your replays.

I'm in the process of applying but its gonna take a while as they have to do a security check in England.
I think your security check will be quickly than mine because:
-UK is member of NATO and it is in list trustable countries.
My security check was about 14 months (from nonNATO country ).
Good luck !!!!

I just heard today that my pre-sec doesn't have to go back to England so I can now proceed with the rest of my application. Such a relief - still a long way to go, but that's a major time hurdle out of the way. Fingers crossed for a smooth progression from here on in!!

Thank you Sizzle. I can't explain what a relief it is not to have to wait 18 months just for pre-sec, so I count myself very lucky. Of course, this is really just the start, but at least it's started!

Here's hoping Chirch and others in the same position get as lucky as I did.

:cheers:

Back