• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Compensation improvements for Reservists who are also PS

McG

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
New CANFORGEN dropped. If you are PRes & your day job is in the public service, you will be paid according to whichever rate of pay is higher when employed on Class B or Class C. This will ensure reservist do not take a cut to their government pay when going on task or on operation.

I wonder if others could grieve this due to discrimination in pay. Why should one hypothetical Cpl be paid less than a equal position hypothetical Cpl for the same job and same work being done.

This isn’t a good thing for universality of service.

I wonder if others could grieve this due to discrimination in pay. Why should one hypothetical Cpl be paid less than a equal position hypothetical Cpl for the same job and same work being done.

Private sector employers have the option of voluntarily topping up their P Res employee's pay.

I'm retired, but work with a number of PRes folks. Certain questions remain such as will this only apply to those days when the PRes member would have otherwise been employed in their PS job but are working Class B/C instead? For example, I work generally Monday to Friday. Would I get my PS rate for those days but Cl B/C for weekends or PS rate all the way through?

I'll wait until I see the enabling instructions before I get too excited.

This already exists in a variety of other programs and initiatives. When you CFR, Component transfer or other vested pay and in certain deployment or situations where you can get leave with pay. I’ve never heard of anyone grieving any of those things.

Any incentive to encourage and enable reservists to deploy, train etc is a good thing.

Private sector employers have the option of voluntarily topping up their P Res employee's pay.

I'm retired, but work with a number of PRes folks. Certain questions remain such as will this only apply to those days when the PRes member would have otherwise been employed in their PS job but are working Class B/C instead? For example, I work generally Monday to Friday. Would I get my PS rate for those days but Cl B/C for weekends or PS rate all the way through?

I'll wait until I see the enabling instructions before I get too excited.
The CBIs are published - 204.12 and 204.502.

Wow, that’s pretty huge, especially for more junior ranks who have good federal jobs, and who would have been taking a big pay hit to go on career courses or deployment.

Back