• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Complaint (& Response) About CF Recruiting Posters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry Strong said:
Another prime example of why we should have post birth abortions

I find it hard to argue with the sentiment that the gene pool needs more chlorine.  :blotto:

I'm sorry too. 

But here is someone with a university education who think that the posters at a bus shelter violate http://www.adstandards.com/en/standards/canCodeOfAdStandards.asp

Come on.  This is about as intelligent as when that crazy lady spray pained "Red Cross" on the side of a LSVW at Fort York armoury.  ( How do you begin to reason with people who fundamentally lack a common basis of understanding )  There comes a point where one just has to go "ah".

Lone Wolf Quagmire said:
Perhaps a load that should have been swallowed.

I am blushing, ha! You know me, I don't have such wicked thoughts, for I am reformed  >:D

Like I said, she's a nutter, too bad she could not use her energy for the greater good, instead of calling down WWII vets etc. She could have been doing that in Japanese or German languages if things went to shyte, and I don't think that would be for the better.

Best to right this mole (Aussie definition) off as a serial pest and true nutter.

OWDU

The Minister responded perfectly correctly. Had he told her to get stuffed in so many words, it would have become a national issue.  He instead told her to get stuffed politely and she cannot now complain about his reply.

There are always going to be people like this and, so long as universities keep giving out degrees in basket-weaving and comparative folk-dancing, there will always be people with PhDs like this.  What I find sad is that she has managed to waste the time of a bunch of, presumably, busy and intelligent people on this forum.  It's like a mosquito bite - scratch it and it gets worse, ignore it and it goes away.

Is this clown for real? She is right out in left field with her all lets hold hands here in canada and pretend the world is a wonderful place.

Is she a teacher at a university? I would love to send her a peice of my mind.

TrexLink said:
There are always going to be people like this and, so long as universities keep giving out degrees in basket-weaving and comparative folk-dancing........

Umm...what good is folk dancing if you can't compare it?

Typical looney left.  ::)

I'm so used to that living here in Victoria.  I didn't even have to look at her address.
Somehow, I just knew...

We see alot of that around here.
Trident Fury, Navy Days, etc... Island NIMBYism at it's finest!
Granted, this is more petty than usuall, but I try not to let it get to me.

'World Peace  is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'

Haletown said:
the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.'

;D ;D ;D ;D now that is good!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Not all Left thinking individuals are nut bars. I happen to be left leaning for social policies and right leaning for our national economy and military. Being left or right does not automatically mean someone is a nut bar, neither is it true for pacifists.  This particular person does not seem to comprehend, in my opinion, that a large stick is sometimes required when the talking fails.

Donaill said:
Not all Left thinking individuals are nut bars.

Agreed.  There are a couple left wingers that have been my best friends for 20+ years, and they're (reasonably) down to earth.

There are nutters on both sides of the political spectrum. 
This woman just happens to be on the left.

"Posters of soldiers..."
"In our cities...."
"With pictures of guns...."
"We aren't making this up...."

::)

What? Soldiers with guns? Who'd of thunk? Next ya know it will be sailors with ships and airforce types with airforce type stuff.

So I gave the Code of Advertising a glance, and after reading a few highlights would say that the posters would be in violation if they didn't have weapons in them. 

Wait out.  Does this woman (who doesn't know how to properly cite her own credentials) think we do not carry weapons?  Someone should "educate" her.  :threat:  jk

i would have loved to have seen her face if she was living in Winnipeg when Operation Charging Bison was taking place. :threat:

I'm going to photoshop some of those new sexy JTF2 posters, add in 7 and 11 year old boys instead and call it JTF-S (for spartans) and send her over a few copies to get her opinion.

http://www.jtf2.forces.gc.ca/ig-ri/index-eng.asp

THIS was awesome
Russow has been speaking out about the increased militarism in Canada, and also attends civic events and parades where she publicly denounces WWII veterans as warmongers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Russow

I feel bad because shes super old and I'm all about respecting 'elders' but wow.

Flawed Design said:
I'm going to photoshop some of those new sexy JTF2 posters, add in 7 and 11 year old boys instead and call it JTF-S (for spartans) and send her over a few copies to get her opinion.
http://www.jtf2.forces.gc.ca/ig-ri/index-eng.asp

In that case, this one BEGS to have a kid in loud flowered shorts water skiing behind the boat.....
jtf2ig-roi2ri-01-en-med.jpg

...and this one could have a kid at the bottom of the "well"...
jtf2ig-roi2ri-06-en-med.jpg

C'mon, I dares ya  ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back