• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular

Is the form a downloadable one that you can fill out and save, and attach to an email to the XXX@Forces.gc.ca email address??  If so...do that (I am at home so I can't pull up stuff off the DIN).

If not, then I'd re-do the application the same way you did it the first time, then I'd reply to their email indicating I've resubmitted the application via the online way. 

Come on, seriously you've been pointed in the right direction...and I see a lock comin' soon.

Eye In The Sky said:
.... Come on, seriously you've been pointed in the right direction...and I see a lock comin' soon.

Good eye, EITS.

Questions asked, and answered in detail.

Milnet.ca Staff

I'm trying to figure out how to do a component and occupational transfer

I read through CF MIL PERS INSTR 0308 - Canadian Forces Component Transfer 
- link    ---->  http://www.docstoc.com/docs/53496276/CF-MIL-PERS-INSTR-0308---Canadian-Forces-Component-Transfer-and

It tells me to complete a form that I can get online and send it to DMCA, however the link in the document doesn't work  -->  http://hr3.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/dgmc/engraph/ComponentTxfer_e.asp?Opensub=12

ok thx, I plan on doing this all in one day so I need to know how to do the next step as well, What is DMCA and how do I send my application to them, (step 1 of this application procedure).  Are there instructions in this link "http://hr3.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/dgmc/engraph/ComponentTxfer_e.asp?Opensub=12" which I can't access until I get to a computer at my unit?

Yes,  you need to get to a DWAN computer in order to go to intranet sites.

You will also need to have a DWAN account in order to log onto those computers. 

DMCA is the Directorate of Military Career Administration.  They handle all Component Transfer requests.

The link includes an online submission form - complete the requested information and your CT request is sent to the appropriate DMCA staff automatically.

So I submitted my CT (same trade [ACISS]) 1 week ago and the following day received (as best as I can guess) an automated E-mail which included my MPRR from DMILC7CT@forces.gc.ca.

My real question is, is the member (myself) authorized to email DMILC7CT@forces.gc.ca directly or does it have to go through the CoC?

I just want my CT to go smoothly (which I know is probably not the case). I'm hoping for an April Posting message, but I've heard that is not likely due to how late I submitted my CT.

From what I understand, yes you can email DMCA directly. My unit OR told me it's not a problem.

I highly doubt you'll have a posting message my April. Even CT's to the same trade can take a while (a friend waited a year and a half to get back into the RCD, and that was with a tour to Bosnia) I waited 8 months from the day I submitted my CT to when I had my interview, just waiting on a job offer (no idea how long it will take now, depends on the open positions for next year)

I emailed my case manager directly, was not a problem. For SigOp when it was red, I had a posting instruction in less than 3 months. April is doable if you have everything they need ready.

Email D Mil C 7 direct or if you have the name of your broker, then send it right to them!  ACCIS is an "in demand" occupation and they should pick you up rather quickly...

DAA said:
Email D Mil C 7 direct or if you have the name of your broker, then send it right to them!  ACCIS is an "in demand" occupation and they should pick you up rather quickly...

I just checked his profile, he won't be on the top of the pile because he still needs his DP1 training. Basically just another PAT in the meat grinder.

PuckChaser said:
I just checked his profile, he won't be on the top of the pile because he still needs his DP1 training. Basically just another PAT in the meat grinder.

ACCIS is currently in demand, so he should be processed right away, provided he meets all the other prerequisites.  But then again, could be yet another applicant who falls throug the cracks....which I am sure the CM would be happy to hear about...  :-(

Good Morning All,

I'm currently in the process of CT from res-reg. I've been trying to get in touch with the local CT person at the CFRC in Halifax, however after 3 weeks they have yet to return any of my phone calls. I'll be visiting in person on Tuesday (working 6 days a week with one day off on the weekends makes it hard to get in sadly), however does anyone have any idea of who else I can contact in regards to my file?

I'd normally go to my OR, however the person in the OR who handles CTs is currently on course for the next two months...

Thank you kindly,
        NSDreamer

Some clarity here....D Mil C 7-3 is the CT authority for PRes --> Reg Frce; I thought the CFRCs were completely out of the picture RT CT process (contrary to the DAOD, it was never amended for *reality*).

There is a @forces email for the DMilC 7-3, both '+' and SMTP address.  Maybe the OP in this thread can provide the SMTP [@forces] one.

Eye In The Sky said:
Some clarity here....D Mil C 7-3 is the CT authority for PRes --> Reg Frce; I thought the CFRCs were completely out of the picture RT CT process.  (yes, contraary to the DAOD, it was never amended for *reality*).
this thread can provide the SMTP [@forces] one.

All I know is this is the only contact I have in reference to CTs other then my clerk in absentia.

On a side note heard a terrible story about a colleague who had his entire file stopped recently because they tried to call an old number and weren't able to get a hold of him. Didn't bother to contact his unit or his @forces address at all to confirm...so easy to slip through the cracks apparently...

I'd call that 'being fucking lazy' on the part of both parties.  ;D

Also, part of the problem is the DAOD hasn't been amended;  leads some ppl down the wrong path.

Well...I got a response that shocked me. They had all of my information wrong at the office. They had me down as ROTP not DEO, said I was still in process of getting a degree, I had graduated before I ever applied, and have been advised that my file cannot be processed now until September/October...nearly two years later!

Take away from this everyone, when you ask questions, ask for details...don't trust that they have the important stuff right, despite you're putting in on the form... Innocent mistakes by others can cost you years...

Part of the process involves reviewing the MPRR.  The folks at DMCA request, in their initial contact, that you review your MPRR to ensure it is correct.  They base their analysis and conclusions on the MPRR.

If the tombstone data they are provided is incorrect, there's not much they can do about it.

Back