• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular

Hey guys, I just received my ct offer from pres INF to reg INF under rotp to finish my degree.
I'm an Lt with a tour as a platoon commander, getting my capt next month and my ct offer has me going down to an OCdt... Does that sound a little off to anyone else?

unit91 said:
Hey guys, I just received my ct offer from pres INF to reg INF under rotp to finish my degree.
I'm an Lt with a tour as a platoon commander, getting my capt next month and my ct offer has me going down to an OCdt... Does that sound a little off to anyone else?

It all depends on just what was in your CT "offer".  I trust you fully understood what was being offered and what you "accepted"?  There is a MILPERS Instruction which deals with this and I will post it in the morning.

DAA, thanks, I haven't accepted anything yet as they are in the process of having dppd reassess the offer for rank and pay.  I'd still like the link sent if possible please.

Any idea whether CTs are processed by trade throughout the year (e.g. "RMS Clks in March, Sup Techs in April, infantry May" etc)? Reason I ask is to attempt to figure out whether changing the application preferences from one trade to another throughout the year could help bump the file.

unit91 said:

Yes.  You are a commissioned officer.  They cannot take that away with the stroke of a pen....

ARMY_101 said:
Any idea whether CTs are processed by trade throughout the year (e.g. "RMS Clks in March, Sup Techs in April, infantry May" etc)? Reason I ask is to attempt to figure out whether changing the application preferences from one trade to another throughout the year could help bump the file.

So, you want to just apply for different trades until you get one?  Just MHO, but I don't think that would go over very well....  :dunno:

ARMY_101 said:

I think 'changing' it mid-stream would SLOW your application down not speed it up.

Problem is:

a. You can only have up to 3 trade choices at once; and

b. You cannot apply to CT as an officer trade AND an NCM trade (you need to pick one).

So, if LogOs are processed in March, and an applicant doesn't get an offer, why not try switching to RMS Clerk for the selection in May (if that was indeed the process)?

PPCLI Guy said:
Yes.  You are a commissioned officer.  They cannot take that away with the stroke of a pen....

Actually, I am also a PRes InfO and another Pl Cmdr at my Bn is in the exact same situation as Unit 91. Apparently because it is for ROTP  they can be assessed as OCdts and their pay can be cut substantially. He ended up showing me the paperwork and he rejected his offer because he has a wife and child and couldn't support them on OCdt 2 wages...

I expect in Unit 91's case since he hasn't finished his degree he wouldn't be eligible to be a commissioned officer in the RegF.

If anyone here is from the CFRG or has other experience I could use some guidance. It is my intent to CT. I have about 8 years in, 7 as an Inf NCM (MCpl) and I was commissioned in Sept 2012. I will be completing DP1.1 This fall. Would it be more beneficial to submit my CT now, unqualified, and update it upon completion of DP1.1, or, to submit it after finishing DP1.1? I realize it seems obvious that a trained CT would move quicker than an untrained CT, however, for RegF InfO I will need DP1.2 and therefore wouldn't be fully trained.

Thanks!

Rick

Ranger Rick said:
Actually, I am also a PRes InfO and another Pl Cmdr at my Bn is in the exact same situation as Unit 91. Apparently because it is for ROTP  they can be assessed as OCdts and their pay can be cut substantially. He ended up showing me the paperwork and he rejected his offer because he has a wife and child and couldn't support them on OCdt 2 wages...
I expect in Unit 91's case since he hasn't finished his degree he wouldn't be eligible to be a commissioned officer in the RegF.
If anyone here is from the CFRG or has other experience I could use some guidance. It is my intent to CT. I have about 8 years in, 7 as an Inf NCM (MCpl) and I was commissioned in Sept 2012. I will be completing DP1.1 This fall. Would it be more beneficial to submit my CT now, unqualified, and update it upon completion of DP1.1, or, to submit it after finishing DP1.1? I realize it seems obvious that a trained CT would move quicker than an untrained CT, however, for RegF InfO I will need DP1.2 and therefore wouldn't be fully trained.
Thanks!
Rick

CFRG has no view on CT processing.  You need to speak with D Mil C 7.  They are the "owners" of the CT process.

I email D Mil C7 every few weeks just to make sure my file is still active and up to date.

I've been told that there is no Tfc Tech positions this fiscal year. Does that mean i should get an offer towards the end of this fiscal yer?

How accurate is that? I mean, I've been told by some that things tend to open up in the Fall and they don't really know what's coming up as the military is unpredictable, people release, quit recruit courses, etc...

If there aren't any positions for this FY then that means there is nothing. You'll likely have to wait until after April 2014 when the new FY starts (which sucks cause I'm trying to do the same thing you are haha we both get to play the waiting game)

Ranger Rick said:

This makes little sense to me.  Every CT I've processed over the past 3 years the Reservist has kept their Rank level pay and IPC while they were OCdts/NCdts attending university.  Once they graduate/graduated the are/will be concurrently promoted to SLt/A/SLT to LT/SLt(N) and take the IPC on the D level scale closest to their current pay without going lower.  You may want to contact your broker about this.  My offer was the same, (paid OCdt while in University), but after inquiring about it I was told I would keep my Rank level and IPC incentive, (which made it too good to turn down) during the 4 years of University.  So if you are class "B" it is actually a 15% pay raise.

Morning All,

I'm trying to track down the documentation required for showing PLAR equivilancies and D MIL 7 is being less then helpful simply stating you need documentation other then your MPRR. To fill the EO boxes, what exactly do you reference/use to substantiate? Apparently my unit has little experience in it as we have new RegF pers posted in this year who have never been part of the process.

Cheers!

NSDreamer said:
Morning All,

I'm trying to track down the documentation required for showing PLAR equivilancies and D MIL 7 is being less then helpful simply stating you need documentation other then your MPRR. To fill the EO boxes, what exactly do you reference/use to substantiate? Apparently my unit has little experience in it as we have new RegF pers posted in this year who have never been part of the process.

Cheers!

You do need Documentum in order to find the course Training Plans and Qualification Standards that you are trying to equate.

For example, if you've done Course A which included PO 201: Fire the C9 LMG and you're trying to have Course B PO 201: Fire the C9 LMG written off, then you can easily say those two POs are equivalent and it would be redundant to repeat them.

If you're trying to PLAR PO/EOs with university and civilian experience, then you'll need to substantiate each PO/EO with relevant and verifiable education and civilian experience (e.g. university syllabus).

So
ARMY_101 said:
You do need Documentum in order to find the course Training Plans and Qualification Standards that you are trying to equate.

For example, if you've done Course A which included PO 201: Fire the C9 LMG and you're trying to have Course B PO 201: Fire the C9 LMG written off, then you can easily say those two POs are equivalent and it would be redundant to repeat them.

If you're trying to PLAR PO/EOs with university and civilian experience, then you'll need to substantiate each PO/EO with relevant and verifiable education and civilian experience (e.g. university syllabus).

From this piece, experience obtained on tasking and in position, the only reference would be a signed letter from the CoC that had so employed me, or from my own CoC stating that I was so employed would possibly constitute documentation? Terms of Reference rarely encompass everything you do...

(Also thanks for the answers)

Good day everyone!

As you may know, I have some question about switching from a reserve Mcpl to Reg force officer.

At the moment, I'm a Signals Mcpl and I'm on class B contract for maybe 2-3 years.

I don't have my bachelor degree yet. I've completed 2 out of 3 years in Business Admin. Basically, I only have 2 more semesters to complete in order to have it. But I received a really good class B offer I couldn't turn away!

I was wondering what are my option?

- DEO ?
- CFR ?

Other options?

The trade I'm looking at the moment:

- ACSO
- Sig O
- MARS

I would prefer not going to the CMR haha....

Good friend of mine commissioned from Sigs MCpl to Officer through CEOTP, he had a year and a half left on his degree. He finished it at a local university in Kingston, and had some vested rights to his pay. He also didn't go Sig O, which did not hamper his transfer at all.

Ok ok!

I guess at this point, the best would be to do the CT on DWAN? Or go see a recruting center?

Recruiting Center can give you some face to face info about the programs available, but I believe you'll have to complete a CT form to start everything off.

Back