• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular

lambeosaurus said:
Thanks for the info Eye in the sky.

I did a CT application November 7th 2013 and since then I got no feedback at all, not even a confirmation e-mail.
I emailed D mil C7 to make sure my application was processed but all I got was an automated reply saying that due to budget costs, they stopped answering e-mails about CTs. But maybe that means I should try to contact  DMCPG 5 ?

I also wanted to change my choice of trades. Do I have to fill another application again ?

I am a 'better safe than sorry' type.  SO if it were me, I'd contact the new OPI (DMCPG 5) staff with a concisely worded email/phone call, remembering Ps & Qs and see if they even have your file.  If not, ask how to proceed.    :2c:

runormal said:
CT's are heavily behind. Expect a 6 month wait to even get an ACK.

While that might be the case, unless you work for the OPI...it doesn't help to pass on RUMINT as facts.  GI/GO system kind of thing.

Can anyone give me the E-mail and phone number of DMCPG 5 please ? I don't have access to DWAN.  I will try to ask  next tuesday evening at my regiment's orderly room but they're very busy and I don't know if they'll have time to help me.

I recently filled a ct from my infantry reserve unit to rotp. Within a week and a half I heard from a file manager in Ottawa. The MWO looking after my file told me to update my fitness test and get back to her asap so she could process my application. I am curious if hearing back so fast is a good sign or is this typical run of the mill response time? Does having a file manager working to process my file so urgently mean my wait time could be shorter than initial expected?

I'm in the exact situation:
lambeosaurus said:
I did a CT application November 7th 2013 and since then I got no feedback at all, not even a confirmation e-mail.
I emailed D mil C7 to make sure my application was processed but all I got was an automated reply saying that due to budget costs, they stopped answering e-mails about CTs. But maybe that means I should try to contact  DMCPG 5 ?

I also wanted to change my choice of trades. Do I have to fill another application again ?

I am in the CT wating game as well, 6 yrs in RegF then went reserves. I applied in Aug12, had an interview last May and haven't heard anything since (except for the "don't call us we'll call you" out of office reply to my polite em request for status update). I check the SIP spreadsheet when it gets updated at the beginning of the month and have added a couple of more trades that show there are numbers left to fill to my application.
Does anybody know how the process works more or less? What happens when the CT broker WO has the file?

Hey all,

I put in a CT last week for Bioscience Officer. One of the minimum requirements is to have a GPA of or above B+. Does anyone know who I send my transcripts to? Will they ask for them after they have assessed my CT?

Update since I last posted here I finally received a confirmation email from the DMcpg 5

Hi I got a question and hope you can help me. I joined the reserve unit about a year and a half ago  as soon as I started bmq and training I knew the military was for me and wanted to transfer to reg force I put in a ct a year and 2 months ago and no news yet the worst is that my buddy applies online for reg and got a call back and everything done within 7 months. My question is should I quite reserves and reapply to reg is that even possible what should I do what would you do I want to start my career off with the CAF either air force, navy, or army

Thank you for your consideration sir

The worst thing you can do is release with intention of reenrolling. There's a waiting period and may actually bar you from getting in (not banned but just denied application).

Send in your CT papers, yes it takes a crazy long time to process but... Welcome to the Canadian Forces. It takes 7-16 months just to change reserve units that are in the same city.

Follow up with your CoC, maybe it has just hit a snag or is buried on someone's desk. Just hope you got photocopies of all the paperwork in case it goes missing.

Does it take longer to transfer from infantry to air force I wanna become an air structural tech and thank you for your reply

RedcapCrusader said:
The worst thing you can do is release with intention of reenrolling. There's a waiting period and may actually bar you from getting in (not banned but just denied application).

Send in your CT papers, yes it takes a crazy long time to process but... Welcome to the Canadian Forces. It takes 7-16 months just to change reserve units that are in the same city.

Follow up with your CoC, maybe it has just hit a snag or is buried on someone's desk. Just hope you got photocopies of all the paperwork in case it goes missing.

There MAY be a waiting period, depending on circumstances.

How many people do you know that changed PRes unit that took 7-16 months?  Is this always the case? 

Or are you just putting out your opinion as facts? 

sdg highlanders said:
Hi I got a question and hope you can help me. I joined the reserve unit about a year and a half ago  as soon as I started bmq and training I knew the military was for me and wanted to transfer to reg force I put in a ct a year and 2 months ago and no news yet the worst is that my buddy applies online for reg and got a call back and everything done within 7 months. My question is should I quite reserves and reapply to reg is that even possible what should I do what would you do I want to start my career off with the CAF either air force, navy, or army

Thank you for your consideration sir

First off, go back and add some punctuation, etc to your post so it makes sense.  Include what trade you are now in the PRES, what trade you want to go in the Reg Force and what trg you've completed to date.

Eye In The Sky said:
There MAY be a waiting period, depending on circumstances.

How many people do you know that changed PRes unit that took 7-16 months?  Is this always the case? 

Or are you just putting out your opinion as facts?

Of course it's not the same for all Brigades but I know a few and also had the same experience. I was simply stating it because it has happened and long waits are the staple crop in the CF.

Hi folks,

I figured I would post in this thread instead of making a new one. I searched around and wasn't able to find any information on CT offers for 2014. When I concluded my CT file (completed everything required) I was told everyone would have an answer before or by the new fiscal year. I applied for RegF Military Police (Current reserve MP). Is there a link where I can check on my CT application like OT applicants can? Any information regarding this would be awesome. Thank you in advance.

Also, when the switch was made from DMIL to whatever it is now, did we have to reapply or were all applications transferred over? And does anyone know if the
CFRC interview is still required?

It is very frustrating because they refuse to answer emails inquiring about the status of applications.

Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone here has a recent contact email or phone number for DMcpg 5, or the right person to contact about my CT. I have had issues before with personnel losing my files so I would like to touch base and see if there is any news on my process.

Sorry if this information has already been given but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks.

try  DIN search for them, or DIN search DGMC and drill down thru their Org chart for info.

If anyone is interested,

I spoke to someone at DMCPG and they said they are processing CTs from Oct 2013 now, and will not begin any that came in 2014 till this April.

M.

If anyone is interested,

I spoke to someone at DMCPG and they said they are processing CTs from Oct 2013 now, and will not begin any that came in 2014 till this April.

M.

Back