• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer ( CT ) - Reserve to Regular

I'd go to the CFRC an talk to them in person.

An welcome back to the forums

Wynne said:
I submitted my CT in March of this year and since then I've had them ask me to verify everything.  Since doing so, I've received no contact from anyone regarding my transfer.  Is that normal?  I spoke to someone in CFRC who said they would try to track down my CT, but every time I call and leave a message, they never call me back.  What can I do?  Call Ottawa and ask them what's going on?  Or should I resubmit all the paperwork?  Yes, I guess I'm kind of impatient, but 4 months and no one able to answer any questions is slightly unreasonable.  Any ideas on what I should do?
-Skeletor- said:
I'd go to the CFRC an talk to them in person.

An welcome back to the forums

First off guys........The CFRC has absolutely nothing to do with Component Transfers.

That is probably why you are getting no joy when you call them.

When you submitted your CT, you sent it into the people who do CTs.  They are the ones you have to talk to.  Go back to your Unit OR and find out who to talk to.  It is all laid out in a CANFORGEN (which is already mentioned previously in this topic).

Wynne said:
I submitted my CT in March of this year and since then I've had them ask me to verify everything.  Since doing so, I've received no contact from anyone regarding my transfer.  Is that normal?  I spoke to someone in CFRC who said they would try to track down my CT, but every time I call and leave a message, they never call me back.  What can I do?  Call Ottawa and ask them what's going on?  Or should I resubmit all the paperwork?  Yes, I guess I'm kind of impatient, but 4 months and no one able to answer any questions is slightly unreasonable.  Any ideas on what I should do?

Did you leave an accurate email address in your CT form? WO XXXXX is normally fairly quick asking to double check the MPRR, etc etc roughly 2 weeks after a CT is sent in. If you're going to ask anyone the status of your CT, contact him on the DWAN. He works at DMCA 5-5 which is the one stop shop for CT's in the CF.

Edited by Roy Harding for PERSEC.  If the WO in question wants his name out in public - he can tell us.

Hmmm, you might consider sending someone's rank/name and position via PM...unless he/she doesn't mind their info being posted on here, of course.

I received one email from someone requesting me to verify my MPRR and fix my med records because they weren't up to date which was a tiny error made by the medical people.  I emailed back to DMCACT like I was told and nothing further.  The person I spoke to at CFRC told me he'd look into finding where everything has gone..and nothing.  My unit is of no help, they can't answer anything for me, or give me anything that I need so I'm pretty much at a loss for what to do.

~Skeletor~, thanks!  I've been around, just not posting much LOL.

Wynne,

Essentially in the same sort of situation right now. Got the DMCA email to check my MPRR, make sure it was all peachy. It wasn't, and this was sent to battalion HQ to be looked over. That was a month ago... Ah the waiting game.

Half of me wants to think that it's gone on to Ottawa, but someone would have told me by now.

I have been waiting for some kind of feedback from Ottawa as well, but I found out that the person responsible for CT is on vacation and will only be back at the begining of August...  :nod:

Its block leave for most of the CF.... expect things back to the normal speed mid-end August.

Yeah, block leave could explain a LOT.  Didn't even realize that.  Thanks.  Being unemployed sucks though LOL so I hope they find my CT soon lol.

PuckChaser said:
Its block leave for most of the CF.... expect things back to the normal speed mid-end August.

Huh?  Block leave for "most of the CF"?

Ok.  Mind listing the units that are all on block leave from mid July to mid-end Aug?? 

Methinks they don't understand the difference between "block leave" and "summer leave period" ... easy to mistake for someone who doesn't know the difference.

Just a quick one. Couldn't find anything relevant to my position on search.
Injured my back earlier this summer on course(Cl B).  Med RTU. Paid to end of contract.  Doing physio compliments of the CF to heal injury. CTing to Reg force, decision was made before i went on course.  Just haven't done the paper work yet as i'm sorting out my MPRR.
Will i still be accepted ,having injured it while being employed by the CF?  I don't want anyone to think that i'm going Reg force to "milk" the system because of the injury.
Not sure, but i don't imagine you could walk off the street with a back injury and be accepted. Then again, final decision would rest with the MO. 

Thanks

:yellow:

Looking at Air Force (Tfc Tech or MSE Op).  Not sure if that helps or not.

I'm not a doctor nor do I play one on TV.  But it will depend totally on the severity of the injury and what trade you are applying for when you CT.  Your med docs will be reviewed during the CT process.  So the decision will be made by the MO as to your medial suitability for the trade you want.  Hope that answers you question and good luck. 

21trucker said:
Just a quick one. Couldn't find anything relevant to my position on search.
Injured my back earlier this summer on course(Cl B).  Med RTU. Paid to end of contract.  Doing physio compliments of the CF to heal injury. CTing to Reg force, decision was made before i went on course.  Just haven't done the paper work yet as i'm sorting out my MPRR.
Will i still be accepted ,having injured it while being employed by the CF?  I don't want anyone to think that i'm going Reg force to "milk" the system because of the injury.
Not sure, but i don't imagine you could walk off the street with a back injury and be accepted. Then again, final decision would rest with the MO. 

Thanks

:yellow:

Looking at Air Force (Tfc Tech or MSE Op).  Not sure if that helps or not.

You must go to your local IPSC.

Contact the Centre and they will refer you to the locale IPSC, and they will help you out.

dileas

tess

"You must go to your local IPSC.

Contact the Centre and they will refer you to the locale IPSC, and they will help you out.

dileas

tess"

Not sure what kind of service that they would be able to provide me?  I haven't released.  Do i see them after i'm  denied CT to Reg force?

To CT you need to be medically fit for the trade you're applying to. If you're on a TCat, you can't transfer. If you're just doing physio and are on a "PT at own pace" chit, you should be fine. No one should ever accuse you of milking the system, you were injured on Cl B, therefore the CF is responsible for your medical care even when you're back to Cl A, until the injury is healed.

I was thinking something along the same line, did you injury result in any MELs or change of Med Cat?  I have a lower back injury, which I am receiving a disability pension for (happened in 1992, during military service), I had no isssues CTIng a few years ago, remustering to a new MOC (although they did take a closer look at me, and that injury specifically), and my Med Cat is currently 111225.  I have no MELs and have never been on T-CAT or P-CAT because of my injury, although I did have to go to the chyropractor and had a few weeks medical leave in '03 following Op Splinter.

IMO, it all about MELs and your Med Cat.

PuckChaser said:
To CT you need to be medically fit for the trade you're applying to. If you're on a TCat, you can't transfer. If you're just doing physio and are on a "PT at own pace" chit, you should be fine. No one should ever accuse you of milking the system, you were injured on Cl B, therefore the CF is responsible for your medical care even when you're back to Cl A, until the injury is healed.

Thats what the chit has. No heavy lifting, no drill, PT at own pace.  I don't think it's too serious.  Feels more like a muscle strain than anything else(although i'm no MO).  I can walk no problem, just not for extended time(2+ hours). Same as sitiing for extended periods, need to be aware of my posture.  Hopefully doesn't cause any issues.

Eye In The Sky said:
I was thinking something along the same line, did you injury result in any MELs or change of Med Cat?  I have a lower back injury, which I am receiving a disability pension for (happened in 1992, during military service), I had no isssues CTIng a few years ago, remustering to a new MOC (although they did take a closer look at me, and that injury specifically), and my Med Cat is currently 111225.  I have no MELs and have never been on T-CAT or P-CAT because of my injury, although I did have to go to the chyropractor and had a few weeks medical leave in '03 following Op Splinter.

IMO, it all about MELs and your Med Cat.

Whats a MEL?  Not on  a T-Cat. Problem is, my med cat is out of date, and i will need to do a new med before the CT occurs.  Waiting till i'm told to go for med, to ensure back is healed.  Physio has been ordered.  Just being careful what i do all the time to make sure it recovers well enough.  As well as doing light back exercises for the lower back.

:cdn: :yellow:

I just put a CT in to transfer from an infantry unit to reg sig ops...how long does it generally take...iwas reading sum older posts and it said that it took guys like years and all is it still the same....should i get out of the reserves and apply for reg again?

Back