• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer Unit Placement

Hazard_duke

Inactive
Reaction score
Okay.. question about the CT process. I want to go to Reg Force Armoured.  Ive been in for 4 years and Im a Cpl.  So for arguments sake lets say ill get Recruit School Bypass (including SQ), so therefore Id go straight to Battleschool in Gagetown (or PAT plt  then eventuallty to battleschool). 

Heres my Question:After battleschool I want to go LdSH(RC). Im from the west..so ive got alot of family here... and I dont speak french (so no 12 RBC) How can I influence that decision?  At what point will my unit be decided? Thanks

Well, you've only got 3 choices:

12RBC
LdSH(RC)
RCD

You've already ruled out 12RBC.  It's a 50/50 split.  You get to choose what you would prefer, but those are solely preferences. 

what do they base the decision on?  Is there anything that can help influence it?

Get a LdSH(RC) t-shirt and wear it?  Honestly all you can do is express your desire and see what happens.  The CF places its members where they need them no where the members wants to go, unless they have a lot of time in that is.  Good Luck.

Hey.... the question is... do you want to do the CT or don't ya?

i do!! but i want it to be perfect! I know its hard to get exactly what u want in the army.. but i have my preferences.. i know way more ppl in edmonton and in the LdSH(RC) then in the RCD's....

Unless you have social problems, you will meet many fine men and women with the RCD's as well ;D

don't forget the 8CH Reg Sqn.....
( or did that die out?)

I do believe it is now gone.....although there will still be Regs wearing the Hatbadge of the 8th Canadian Hussars (PL).

I know the RCD"s is a fine unit too.. but i just perfer LdSH(RC) and nope 8CH isnt a Reg Force unit anymore... how can some reg force soldiers still wear the 8CH capbadge?  I know its still a PRes unit.. but not a reg froce one still..

Silly boy!  They wear the 8CH Hatbadge until such time that they get posted to another Regiment or 'Request to Change' their 'Regimental Affiliation.'

There were a bunch of people wearing QOR, Cdn Gds, BW, FGH badges more than 10 yrs after their Reg units went to nil strength..... stuck in Staff officer hell /  RSS duties for lack of other constructive / destructive employment.

Hazard_duke said:
how can some reg force soldiers still wear the 8CH capbadge?  I know its still a PRes unit.. but not a reg froce one still..

I know several tankers in the RCDs who wear the 8CH capbadge on the inside of their berets, behind the RCD one. Hard for them to cut the ties, I guess.

Sig_Des said:
I know several tankers in the RCDs who wear the 8CH capbadge on the inside of their berets, behind the RCD one. Hard for them to cut the ties, I guess.
once you're family.... always family

Back