• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Corps attendance

yoman said:
Yes I agree with what you said. But their are advantages too. Like we have quite a few optional/extra activities that cadets can participate in, that maybe smaller corps don't have do to their numbers.

Yeah thats true too, but if we have an optional activity that say we can only take 50 cadets on, 130 people can't go on it because we're huge.

Miss Caroline said:
Yeah thats true too, but if we have an optional activity that say we can only take 50 cadets on, 130 people can't go on it because we're huge.

Since when does a whole corps/squadron want to go to an optional activity?  :eek:  Usually we have plenty of room for everybody that wants to go. We always have enough room for the FTX's and such. The only time is when we go gliding or power flying, but we go pretty often so if you cant go the first time you have priority next time (this problem rarely occurs). The only time I was denied an activity is when we had are Standart First Air Course, only 12 spots for 150 cadets.

We have that problem when we do multi corps FTXs.. Like when we wne to Rattle Snake Point we were allowed  50 cadets and like 120 signed up saying they were interested.. We have more oppurtunities in our for optional exersises i guess.

Miss Caroline said:
How Many people are in your Corps?
My Corps is squished together too,

3 Companies :             Peel                 Dufferin                   & Halton

2 Platoons each:       Amiens               Arras                         Hill 70
                              Sommes             Mons                       Festubert                     and The Recruit Platoon + Flag Party

I believe that we now have 197 on paper right now.

HOLY *profane word here*, thats just a few people. As it stands, we have about 90 on paper, with about 60 who bother to show up.
shipscoylayout.jpg

One thing I find odd is that Army cadet corps do not have a guard, not do they have required arms drill, and Sea cadets do... (feel free to correct me if I was wrong)

cheeky_monkey said:
Im assuming you mean something like Navy League Cadets, for kids age 9-12? Well my corp does have a Jr. cadet corps, NLCC C.B. Hill.
www.nlcccbhill.ab.ca
A large percentage of our DND funding goes to them. (If I remeber correctly.)

I love this misconception, The Navy League Cadets are NOT sponsored by DND in any form, some units however are permitted to parade at HMC Naval Reserve Facilities, such as NLCC JRK MILLAN at HMCS CHIPPAWA in Winnipeg. The cadets in these units have to pay for their uniforms (small rental fee) and the pay upwards of $250.00 to attend 1 week of summer camp. The training that they complete in three years is equivalent to completing Phase 1 of the sea cadet training program (assuming that the Navy League Cadet acheived a rank higher than Petty Officer 2nd class).

As for attendance, I think sometimes that the cadets don't understand the importance of attending regular parade nights. Not only does it effect their training and ability to attend summer training, but it also effects the unit. If the unit cannot maintain a specific number of cadets on the parade square every week they run the risk of losing money for additional training that is provided by the detachements. If you want a your corps or squadron to do fun and exciting activities make sure that your friends and fellow cadets attend regularly otherwise everyone loses out.

cheeky_monkey said:
HOLY *profane word here*, thats just a few people. As it stands, we have about 90 on paper, with about 60 who bother to show up.
shipscoylayout.jpg

One thing I find odd is that Army cadet corps do not have a guard, not do they have required arms drill, and Sea cadets do... (feel free to correct me if I was wrong)

Yes i know uts frikken HUGE!!

Biggins said:
I love this misconception, The Navy League Cadets are NOT sponsored by DND in any form, some units however are permitted to parade at HMC Naval Reserve Facilities, such as NLCC JRK MILLAN at HMCS CHIPPAWA in Winnipeg. The cadets in these units have to pay for their uniforms (small rental fee) and the pay upwards of $250.00 to attend 1 week of summer camp. The training that they complete in three years is equivalent to completing Phase 1 of the sea cadet training program (assuming that the Navy League Cadet acheived a rank higher than Petty Officer 2nd class).

Oh, I completely understand that, Sir. In no direct way are NLC Corps sponsored by DND. That being said, RCSCC Warrior indirectly hands over a significant amount of their avaliable DND funding to NLCC C.B. Hill, although I do not know all the complete details. (Aside from being sponsored by Warrior, CB Hill is sponsored by the west end Walmart, and I do believe the Norwood Leigion.)

Back