• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Corps attendance

At 51 we have:
1 WO1:
Cadet Sqn Comd

2 WO2s:
1 each Sqn Deputy Comd, and SWO

8 FSgts:
1 each per flight as IC, with #1 and #3 having a FSgt 2IC as well, 1 training NCO, 1 Drill NCO

3 Sgts in senior positions:
2 as Flt 2IC (#2, and #4) and 1 dress and deportment NCO

1 Cpl:
Admin NCO and Senior duty NCO

As well we have an additional 9 Sgts in section comd positions throughout the flights, and 3 Cpls in the same positions.

We're short Sgts and WO2s, and over on FSgts. We'll likely see one FSgt promoted to WO2 by the end of June at the latest. Sgts, could see up to 3 new ones as soon as tonight.

We have:
1 CWO
RSM

1 MWO
DSM

2 WOs
Trp. Com.

6 Sgts
Section Commanders, 3 per troop

4 Mcpls
Section 2ics

Then a mixture of Cpls, Trps, Cdts and Rcts. Our corp has a pretty healthy rank structure.

-Hutch- said:
who's?   do you mean everyones?

Yes, basically anyone who is in cadets, and is aware of their corps' leadership. (as in what rank, and number of)

We have.... (out of 30, remember)

1 CWO

1 MWO

1 WO

6 Sgts

1 MCpl

Our MCpl number is about to rise up to about 7 or 8 at ACR. We have a very, very lopsided structure, and as we are losing 8 cadets above the rank of MCpl this year, we need to recruit and badly.

around 100 cadet in my corp.

1 CWO -RSM

3 MWO's - DSM, 2 SSM's

3 WO's 

6 SGT's - troop ic's, HQ staff

9 M/Cpl's crew commanders, phone callers.

10-12 Cpl's

and the rest are mixed between Tpr's and Cdt's

-Hutch- said:
around 100 cadet in my corp.

On paper, or people who actually show up? On paper my corps has about 90, with 60 routinely showing up.

ya 100 on paper. we probably get about 70'ish on a good night. most of the cadets on paper are active but there will always be those days where certain cadets don't show up for certain reasons. my sqd had around 35 today. it is pretty good.

My sqd. attendance has been very poor lately many people aren't showing up. We have about 75 cadets signed up but only about 40 are showing up on regular bases. At the start of the year we had up to 90 cadets coming but then some of them quit. Then through the year we had almost everyone coming out every night, its just the past three weeks that the attendance has been bad. But then this usually happens this time of year because everyone is studying for final exams. But I still find the time to come out and so do many other cadets. I guess some cadets just lose interest this time of year with summer coming and all.

i find the worst time for cadets not showing is right after camp. they have just had a great summer, and face it for a cadet coming back and doing star level training it is kind of boring, especially right after camp.

Actually I think its the best time at my sqd. because we usually get a lot of new recruits. Some of them who like their experience in cadets bring their friends along too, I can think of a few cases where thats happened.

The ACR always tends to draw in some swayers for our Corps. :)

Back when I joined we had maybe 20 cadets and if we were lucky then 30.
That was four years ago.

Now we have 160 on a good night. 130 on a normal night. We once had 200 but lots of them quit.

Yep...

My old corps seems to have a history of ups and downs. When I joined it there was..maybe 14 kids on parade. At its peak there was close to 80 I think. Two full platoons, a colour party, and a very nice sized pipe band! But numbers slowly dropped again. When I went to the anual this past weekend to watch me old corps I saw the numbers down again. Two platoons with two ranks, and a very small band. A colour party though, which was nice.

Hopefully it will go back up again like it did before. I love seeing the corps almost rivaling the actual regiment!

Mcpl said:
Now we have 160 on a good night. 130 on a normal night.
Wow, I'm jealous. I wish my corps was that big... (not that I have anything to complain about, 60 on a regular night is okay)
You must have quite a large drill deck to be able to hold everyone.

You should see how we have to squish together. 2 Squadrons, 4 platoons, 4 Platoon Commanders, 4 Platoon 2IC then the CSM and RSM. Thats a  lot of people. Our front Platoon Commanders our literaly 1 pace away from the RSM.

Yep... Lots of people...

Mcpl said:
You should see how we have to squish together. 2 Squadrons, 4 platoons, 4 Platoon Commanders, 4 Platoon 2IC then the CSM and RSM. Thats a  lot of people. Our front Platoon Commanders our literaly 1 pace away from the RSM.

Yep... Lots of people...

Which is why you form up side to side instead of front and back?

exactly what we do. 

| __.'__      __.'__  |
||_____|  .  |____ |  |
|___'____.____'___ |

dang my last post didnt turn out very good... Oh well im sure you get the point

Back