• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Couple Q's before going to BMQ

P-Free why don't you wait until you've actually been to bmq before making all these ridiculous statements? Admit it, you are clueless as to what's going to happen there.

Someone sent me a pm asking me if there were any a$$holes at bmq. My reply was: there are 360 recruits there, so there is bound to be some a$$holes, just make sure you're not one of them. I extend that same advice to you.

If you get to bmq and start making all these judgements that this guy is a f*ckup or that guy is a jacka$$ you will soon find out what the old adage "the pot calling the kettle black" means. Wake up. People on here are trying to give you good advice.

NavComm said:
P-Free why don't you wait until you've actually been to bmq before making all these ridiculous statements? Admit it, you are clueless as to what's going to happen there.

Thats pretty chronic around here

Jungle said:
You're going to be a Cbt Engineer right ?? So what's next... you're going to build a bridge, or clear a minefield, on your own because you're afraid someone else is gonna fuckup and make you look bad ?!?!??
You'll have to change that attitude ASAP and trust your mates. In the future, you will trust them with your life; now you can't trust them with your shirts ??

Jungle, thats good.   I almost fell over laughing when i read that.   I'd actualy like to see him try, fail then turn around and ask for help.....see how far that would get him   ::)

Thx for all the advice ppl.

IslandRhyno, I wasn't knocking down the old 2 sets trick, I know I'll be doing it myself when I leave. I was asking if they get suspicious that they see that youre doing this...Im sure they are well aware of this trick and they dont mind that everyone does this?

Resourcefullness,Initiative, drive and time management skills, they all make for a good soldier. That's what you would be showing them. It works, the instructors want you to figure out how to make it work, they want you to find ways to meet impossible timings. Now have at 'er.

SeanPaul_031 said:
Thx for all the advice ppl.

IslandRhyno, I wasn't knocking down the old 2 sets trick, I know I'll be doing it myself when I leave. I was asking if they get suspicious that they see that youre doing this...Im sure they are well aware of this trick and they dont mind that everyone does this?

It's not a 'trick'. It's like wearing the same combats every day, wash them every night and leave the other two pair folded for inspection. On the occasional days when you have to wear a second pair (like maybe you hit the water on the confidence course) well then you only have to fold the one pair for the next day. It's time management. Less work to get the job done. They want to see your stuff 'inspection ready', how you got it there is your own business.

P-Free said:
yes..thismay work until someone fucks up! then everyone gets in the crap for one persons mistake..no thank you!

Haha, you will be punished for an attitude like that, teamwork is what BMQ is pretty much all about.  We had these blue "booties" we put over our combat boots before inspection so that we would not mark up the floor, but of course we took them off before inspection. One day a fellow recruit in the cubicle beside me forgot to take his off.  My section commander gave me a directive for not checking him over before inspection.

As far as the second shaving kit goes, many people did this in our platoon however when my section commander caught on to this, she started checking our personal boxes and there was hell to pay for the people who had dirty shaving kits in their personal box.  My advice is to not bother with the second kit, Gillette "foamy" took 10 seconds to clean (Gilette "Gel" was much harder) and I just used my shampoo as a body wash therefore I didnt need to clean my bar of soap and container very much.

I've got a question regarding the swearing in ceremony, would dress pants, blue shirts, with a tie be good enough for the ceremony. Or is it a better idea to wear a full suit to the swearing in ceremony? Can I wear something similar to what I originally posted on the flight to St Jean?

All I got in the mail was that it was a formal occasian and I had to dress appropriately.

"I've got a question regarding the swearing in ceremony, would dress pants, blue shirts, with a tie be good enough for the ceremony. Or is it a better idea to wear a full suit to the swearing in ceremony? Can I wear something similar to what I originally posted on the flight to St Jean?

All I got in the mail was that it was a formal occasian and I had to dress appropriately."

Wear what you want to wear.  Suits always good great, if you have one.  There is really no rule on what you can wear.  You have choice futuretrooper... wear what you think or your parent's think is appropriate.

No, there actually is a rule. Its no running shoes, no jeans, and having a tie is mandatory...I mean theyre not going to send you home if you dont come dressed properly, but it doesnt look very good either.

Just wear black pants or even khakis, a dress (button up) shirt tucked in with a belt and a tie, some nice polished shoes and youre set! Besides why would you bother to even dress inapropriately when you can dress otherwise? 

FutureTrooper, congrats on your upcoming swearing in.

Yes, wear something nice. A suit would be nice for the pictures and it shows that you take this seriously and that you are proud enough to bother to look your best.

I also bought a frame for the oath and have it proudly displayed in my living room.

Congratulations again and good luck in your military future!

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but i have gotten 2 different answers to my question which is Are you allowed perscription medication while at BMQ? A recruiter told me it shouldn't be a problem but when doing my medical I was told they would be taken away.

From what I gather, and this is from reading previous threads as I haven't hit BMQ yet.  If you bring the medication, the medical staff will take it (and I'm guessing you go to the MIR to take your meds) just so that it's not in your room. 

Medical people - please - correct me if I'm wrong.

Back