• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Court Martial discussion (merged)

M

Mike_NavRes

Hey guys,

Just a quick question PURELY out of curiousity of a CF hopefull.  I presume when you are sworn in you officially become part of the CF.  And that also entitles you to military law.  Now if your a reserve, where is the boundaries of being court-martialed?  To rephrase, does the RCMP or city police detain a CF reserve until MP's arrive?  Is every law enforced by the military on a reserve member?  I think Ive asked too many questions in a row, lol, but I am a little confused if a drunk in public charge all the way up to murder would be enforced by Military Police, and what would the city police do with you?

Thank you very much for answering these uncommon questions and Im sure I would learn them when and if I am accepted, I just cant seem to find an answer anywhere else and its bugging me!!

Mike

Generally speaking, the civil authorities will process you (unless for some reason, it would suit all party better for the Military to handle it).  As a reservist you're subject to the Code of Service discipline, basically only when being paid by DND or when on DND property (including DND leased or borrowed property).  That being said, remember the CF ID Card, is not a get out jail free card.  If something happens, when on civie street, regardless of the out come, you are obligated to let your chain of command know.  Small things have a nasty way of creeping back and biting people in the a$$.  It's best if your chain is aware of it, to head off any major problems before they arise.

Wait until your basic, you'll learn all about court Martials and such, everything you need to know about them.

When I was arrested by the civilian police once upon a time, the local military police were informed as a matter of courtesy, and I was questioned seperately by members of the SIU on a related matter.  The two organizations do work closely with each other, which is in all our best interests I think.

I remember there was a location on the din or the jag website where you could look at the court martial transcripts. Would anyone have the link, I had it for the longest time and Ive lost it.

Much Appreciated

Jay

I think it is a closed site - I can get on the transcripts at work - but not at home -- I think it is DIN only (or I am dumb and cant find it tonight)

I double checked at work - I found it here.

I will get CFL or another to check a link from home and we will confirm wherever or nit is tis DWAN/DIN only...

http://cmj.mil.ca/transcripts_e.asp

It is DWAN/DIN specific.

I was browsing thru 3 Boland courtmartials  :-[  (not all mine damn it) today (mine was a mear 38 pages - Mark's second was over 400...)

Should be able to order a transcript of any court proceeding in the country, as long as there is not a child protection order in place. They are expensive.

Are you looking for evidentiary and testimonial transcript or the written decision?

Interesting...

The DIN was up and down today - I could never get back to my bookmarks to send the site - or post it - so I wrote it down and took it home - sure enough it requires DIN access - although, I believe you can make a freedom of info request...

I have ALWAYS been an ends justified the means sort of guy.

KevinB said:
I have ALWAYS been an ends justified the means sort of guy.

I'm shocked.

Anyway, as long as the "ends" is above board, the means are incidental. Potentially illegal, but incidental.

CFL said:
Does it make for good reading?

Wait for my book  ;)

I'm either going to call it "Warts and All: Pretending for Freedom" or "Voting from the Rooftops:The ONLY way to Effect change in the CF"

CFL said:
Does it make for good reading?

KevinB said:
Wait for my book   ;)

I'm either going to call it "Warts and All: Pretending for Freedom" or "Voting from the Rooftops:The ONLY way to Effect change in the CF"

CFL said:
I like the first title.

You two should go on the road with your act; I'm pissing myself laughing as I chase you two around these forums....  :D

And you didn't post the picture?

VoteFromRooftops.jpg

Back