• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Coverage from the CF for Hearing Aids for Dependents

28Medic

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi
I was wondering if anyone has any information on extended health coverage offered by the CF, specifically involving hearing aids in the case of dependent children?
My 4 year old daughter is going to need them soon, and we are new to the Reg Force health coverage system. My husband(army.ca= Carpediem) is going pilot and is on his BOTP right now, and I am a reserve med A.
It is very hard to find out this sort of information even from my civi health plan, so I was hoping to find someone who might actually have a child with hearing aids already.
Thanks

On the Health Services web site it has what the coverage is.

Due to where I am, I can't point it out specifically for you...

http://www.forces.gc.ca/health/engraph/services_e.asp?Lev1=1

Wow that was fast!
Thanks I found it...$2000 every 48 months for each ear! I think that is better than my civi plan!

Armymedic provided you with the Wrong Health Care Plan (big difference between Member and dependents), Spectrum of Care covers members, Sun Life provides dependent care under Public Service Health Care Plan found at:
http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/pubs_pol/hrpubs/tb_862/pshcpb-rssfpp1_e.asp#_Toc81106840
http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/pubs_pol/hrpubs/tb_862/pshcpb-rssfpp2_e.asp#_Toc3603938

*  hearing aids (purchase/repairs)

* $500 less any eligible hearing aid expenses claimed during the previous 60 months

* no limit if required as a result of surgery or accident and purchased within 6 months of the event

* # hearing aids and repairs to them, excluding batteries, limited to the maximum eligible expense equal to the lesser of:

* cost less the cost of all eligible hearing aid claims made in the previous 5 years, and
    * the maximum specified in the Summary of maximum eligible expenses,

* the initial purchase of hearing aids if required as a direct result of surgery or an accident where the purchase is made within six months of such accident or surgery. This benefit is not subject to any limits other than reasonable and customary. The six-month time limit may be extended if, as determined by the Administrator, the purchase could not have been made within the time frame specified,

no, right page, just did not get specific enough on the plan and its web page...

due to where I am the computers do not access these pages as fast, and I don't have all night to wait for them to open.

But thanks in pointing her in the right direction.

No problem Armymedic

I know where you are and understand the limits of the connections.  I did not want her to think the coverage was better than it really is.  Say hi to the HSS gang, including Capt D McD.

You seem to be an active and valued member of these forums, keep up the good work abroad and via Internet for those of us on the homefront.

"CURE per PARATUM"

Back