• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

COVID-19 Training News

Scott1867

Inactive
Reaction score
I was hoping to use this thread for any and all information regarding those of us who are waiting for training to restart. Content can be from those who are awaiting BMQ/BMOQ, those who recently graduated basic, or the more advanced career progression courses.  Any information would be appreciated.

The most recent information I could find was from an interview from General Vance on April 24th stating that training could recommence as early as June but likely in the fall.
(DS: Link Removed by Staff)

From Gen Vance's weekly update email on Friday 22 May:

Resumption of Training

The DM and I have issued direction to CAF and DND to begin the process of resuming individual and collective training. The Main Effort will be individual training through DP1 courses in both the Regular and Reserve Force. You can expect Warning Orders soon. On average we are at approximately D-30 for the staged, deliberate, conditions-based resumption of training at CFLRS, the Combat Training Centre, Division Training Centres, the Air Divisions and the Coasts.

No specific date or month this will start.

211RadOp said:
From Gen Vance's weekly update email on Friday 22 May:

No specific date or month this will start.

I'm hearing end June beginning July at least in Atlantic Canada... Priority will be the courses that where cut short at the start of this pandemic and then BMQ-C/L and/or Trade specific DP1's.
In the case of 37 CBG Engineer unit this would be a serial of Tools and Demolitions in NB and a Tools package in NL.

We've been told we'll be returning in June (no date given) in some capacity; no details yet on what we'll be doing.

Wondering if anyone has heard any news on training recommencing.  It's been quite a while.

BigJack said:
Wondering if anyone has heard any news on training recommencing.  It's been quite a while.

Depending on the courses and locations it has resumed in several locations.

Back