• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cpl (Tpr) Richard Renaud - 12e Régiment blindé du Canada - 15 Jan 2008

This is just @#$%ing lovely  :mad:  :(

RIP Soldier, you did your job well. Say hello to everyone on the other side. We'll take over from here!  :salute: :cdn:

RIP

(Photo from:  http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca/netpub/server.np?find&catalog=photos&template=detail_e.np&field=itemid&op=matches&value=32079&site=combatcamera)

Rest Easy Trooper :salute: My Thoughts and prayer to the family, and speedy recovery to the injured :cdn:

MND's Statement

Statement
Statement by the Minister of National Defence on the death of one Canadian soldier in Afghanistan
NR–08.003 - January 15, 2008

OTTAWA - The Honourable Peter Gordon MacKay, Minister of National Defence and Minister of the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, issued the following statement today on the death of a Canadian soldier in Afghanistan:

"We mourn the death of Trooper Richard Renaud who died today in Afghanistan.  We also extend our wishes for a prompt recovery to the soldier who was injured in the same incident. Our thoughts and prayers go out to their friends and families at this difficult time.

These soldiers were participating in a patrol in Arghandab District when the vehicle they were traveling in struck an Improvised Explosive Device.

I join with Canadians who stand proudly with our men and women of the Canadian Forces as they courageously risk their lives every day to bring peace and security to the people of Afghanistan.  The sacrifices of these soldiers will not be forgotten and this event will not deter us from continuing to help Afghans rebuild their country.”

-30-

Trooper Richard Renaud was a member of the 12e Régiment blindé du Canada, Royal 22e Régiment, based in Valcartier, Québec.

Statement from Governor General

Message from Her Excellency the Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean, Governor General of Canada, on the death of Trooper Richard Renaud
January 15, 2008

OTTAWA — It was with great sadness that my husband, Jean-Daniel Lafond, and I heard of the death of Trooper Richard Renaud, whose vehicle hit an improvised explosive device during a patrol north of Kandahar City.

He will be sorely missed by all of his colleagues from the 12e Régiment blindé du Canada, Valcartier, where he was based.

All Canadians join me in offering sincere condolences to his family and friends, who are still reeling from the shock of this news. Please know that we grieve with you during this difficult time.

We also wish a full recovery to his comrade, who was injured in the same incident.

Canadians know the efforts being made by our troops to bring peace, security and stability to Afghanistan, and they honour the commitment of Trooper Renaud, who gave his life for this ideal.

Michaëlle Jean

‑ 30 ‑

Media information
Marie-Ève Létourneau
Rideau Hall Press Office
613-998-0287
www.gg.ca
www.citizenvoices.gg.ca 

PM's Statement

Statement by the Prime Minister of Canada
15 January 2008
Ottawa, Ontario

Prime Minister Stephen Harper issued the following statement today on the death of Trooper Richard Renaud:

"On behalf of all Canadians, I would like to offer my sincere condolences to the family and friends of Trooper Richard Renaud, who died today in Afghanistan. Our thoughts also go out to his comrade who was injured in the same incident.  Our prayers are with them and their loved ones at this difficult time.

“Trooper Renaud made the ultimate sacrifice while working to bring security, democracy and self-reliance to the people of Afghanistan, all the while protecting Canada's values and security. 

“As we mourn the loss of Trooper Renaud we think of his courage, commitment and bravery. He was part of coalition efforts that are creating the conditions for reconstruction and development to progress in a country ravaged by decades of conflict. 

“We stand proudly with our Canadian Forces members.  Trooper Renaud will not be forgotten.”

Bad luck boys. Rest in Peace mate and to the rest of you over there, stay strong and come home safe.

Another noble Canadian soldier has joined God's army. Rest in peace. :cdnsalute:

RIP

"If the greatness of a life is measured in deeds done for others, then Canada’s sons and daughters who have made the ultimate sacrifice in Afghanistan stand among the greatest of their generation."

Hamid Karzai
President of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Addressing Canadian Parliment 2006

RIP Trooper

Condolences to the friends and family.

Muffin

Back