• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Crayon gun dad seeks justice

Nemo888 said:
Law enforcement  lost all sense of balance after 9/11. I want my damn rights back. The libs just removed freedom of assembly and freedom of association in Quebec. Crayon dad is just the thin end of the wedge.
Alright not going to carry this any further, but wanted to point out:

1. The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees the rights and freedoms set out in it subject only to such reasonable limits prescribed by law as can be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society.
Fundamental Freedoms

Fundamental freedoms

2. Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms:
(a) freedom of conscience and religion;
(b) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;
(c) freedom of peaceful assembly; and
(d) freedom of association.

Once your organization/situation devolves into the point where you endanger life and limb and thus violate another persons every other fundamental freedom by doing violence to them, it is no longer reasonably justified to allow you to continue with your 'freedom of peaceful assembly' and many of the protests in quebec were anything but peaceful. Maybe the Governments bill 78 is a short stick response, but is it just....you know what no I'm just not going there. How about them Leafs this year eh?

NSDreamer said:
Alright not going to carry this any further, but wanted to point out:
As soon as you say "...but wanted to point out," you are carrying it further and encouraging more inane comments.

My ignore list has only six names on it, and it's interesting how the tin-foil hat topics draw them out -- quick to self-righteous but habitually light on evidence.  When someone cites them I see their babbling in the quote, otherwise their 'wisdom' is displayed as You are ignoring this user.

It's actually pretty funny when you get two or three of them all worked up into a frenzy of "oh...oh ya?!"....and I (and others ignoring them) see only a whole page of You are ignoring this user.  ;D

Umm...I believe there are already threads out there about the stupidity in Quebec right now, lets focus on the stupidity that happened here. 

Journeyman said:
As soon as you say "...but wanted to point out," you are carrying it further and encouraging more inane comments.
[/quote

You misunderstand my intent. I was attempting to say that I wanted to add this point, but wasn't looking to continue the conversation beyond that point AKA I have no real interest in starting a long discussion on the subject.

Nemo888 said:
Law enforcement  lost all sense of balance after 9/11. I want my damn rights back. The libs just removed freedom of assembly and freedom of association in Quebec. Crayon dad is just the thin end of the wedge.

Bullshit; what I lost was the ability (my right??) to go into the park that I damn well pay taxes for in Montreal ... and for my next door neighbours' kids to do the same.

All thanks to some students (already paying the lowest tuition rates in Canada) pushing for a communist education template to further their ultimate goal of being able to make capitalistic millions upon their convocations.  ::)  (Free post secondary education so we can get higher paying jobs!)

Can't see the irony through your rose coloured glasses?

I want my streets back; they sure as fuck don't own them.

I don't get it. Two years ago in my high school, the rules weren't followed to the letter. i.e. common sense prevailed. From what what I hear from current students, it's by the books only.

Common sense is a super power now days...

It seems odd to me you would ignore people on an internet forum. Even if you habitually dislike what a person says, you can just gloss over it, instead of having to literally hide what they say. Anyway, I've said it before and I'll say it again: "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it". That quote actually applies quite well to this board and to the situation in Quebec.  I'm inclined to agree with Nemo's and Vern's statements about the freedoms being taken away. While I don't actually know anything about the issues with the public assembly they are having...I do know that it is against the charter in this country to put limits on public assembly such as they have, and especially the ban on masks. Not that I support those idiotic students, but if a person wants to put on a mask and say something in Canada, no one can stop him. It doesn't matter why he wants to. Now if he starts a garbage can on fire, then you can do something, but...

Shipwreck said:
It seems odd to me you would ignore people on an internet forum. Even if you habitually dislike what a person says, you can just gloss over it, instead of having to literally hide what they say. Anyway, I've said it before and I'll say it again: "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it". That quote actually applies quite well to this board and to the situation in Quebec.  I'm inclined to agree with Nemo's and Vern's statements about the freedoms being taken away. While I don't actually know anything about the issues with the public assembly they are having...I do know that it is against the charter in this country to put limits on public assembly such as they have, and especially the ban on masks. Not that I support those idiotic students, but if a person wants to put on a mask and say something in Canada, no one can stop him. It doesn't matter why he wants to. Now if he starts a garbage can on fire, then you can do something, but...

That post hurt my head trying to follow............

Shipwreck said:
  I'm inclined to agree with Nemo's and Vern's statements about the freedoms being taken away.

Umm,...........I'm not sure it's possible to agree with both,...ouch,..there's that pain again.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Umm,...........I'm not sure it's possible to agree with both,...ouch,..there's that pain again.
Well, we do tend to keep coming back to that "opinion versus informed opinion" problem -- everyone's got opinions.  ::)

Although, to be fair, he did say.......
Shipwreck said:
I'm inclined to agree with Nemo's and Vern's statements about the freedoms being taken away. While I don't actually know anything about the issues...

Let's not lose sight of the original post\ problem.

Let's stick to what is happening to this particular family vice social services, the police and the nanny school board.

There's opportunity and threads to speak to all that other Quebec student crap.

Keep it out of here.

Milnet.ca Staff

Police apologize to crayon gun dad

Four months after arresting and strip-searching a man because his four-year-old daughter drew a picture of him shooting monsters and bad guys, police in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ont., have apologized to the young family.

In their internal review of 26-year-old Jessie Sansone's arrest, Waterloo Regional Police said they did everything right — except their method of search.

“The results of this review have determined that Waterloo Regional Police officers acted in accordance with the law by arresting Mr. Sansone and made every effort to preserve his dignity and the safety of this community,” said Chief Matt Torigian. 

“However, the review also found that due to a miscommunication in the processing of Mr. Sansone, he was subjected to a Thorough Search instead of a less intrusive Frisk Search— an oversight which we regret.”

More at link

From what I'm understanding, is that I need to talk to my children. Tell them that drawing guns in class is a bad thing. Yet, every boy in class goes on about the lastest XBox game. Even if trying to prevent "condition training" the media will leak out, no matter what. So was the police right to do that? Yes and no. Since 9/11, things have changed, period. And with this "touchy - feely" generation, everyone is on the high alert looking for the clues. Thinking they are their own investigator. Saving the world, one tissue at a time.

Sorry for the rant,
Regards,
Macey

From what I have read and my interpretation of the event, I believe this was an over reaction on the police's part. Funny in the above link there is also an article at the bottom talking about how teachers must crack down on Sex offenders amongst their own....

REALLY? Didn't this BS concerning the Sansone family start at the school level? We need to focus our efforts in the right direction!!!

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2012/06/07/19851006.html

Waste of resources and a very poor showing for what is after all a professional police force that is expected to be competent. The public loses a lot of respect for them when 'professional' public workers act so stupidly from the teachers, administrators, police officers on up to the police Chief. The "apology" makes them even less worthy of respect as they lack the professionalism to even admit they overacted and they won't even try to act any more competently in the future.

Back