• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cut off date

thanks Tbird. now i have to figure out how i'm going to get all that kit back to my apartment :p

got a big closet......cause your going to need one im dead seroius too lol

I got my call back on friday I have the last interview on the cut off date 8:20 pm june 9th ....Now I need a fancy pancy pair of pants and a nice shirt  ::)

I dont know how I should vent my anger, but i guess a forum is a better place than the ear of a recruiter.

Now, i did a extended medical for my knees and my feet. Last week i recieve a letter in the mail that they need another extended medical for my feet because i have "bilateral feet." Well, holly fucking shit boys, looks like I wont be gettin in unless someone at the recruiting centre pitties me and talks to someone higher up.

It's funny, i have had so much trouble trying to get recruited by the Canadian forces. It's funny that i had to try hard to get in.

Sounds pretty Shitty Canuck_25 I seem to be getting a run around too I Have now successfully talked to 8 diffrent people and the person at the top of the list has droped the ball more times then anyone i know of.  i had to call down to Vancouver again today to find out what was happening.  I talked to Lt. D.... and she informed me that she is sorry but will try to get to it as soon as possible.  all she has left to do and send my file to her boss to get him to sign it.  I was told this is the only thing holding my file up.  and that it will probably be another 2 weeks before i know whether i'm in or not.

Hello, in case anyone is wondering the cut off date for my area (Windsor) I believe is June 3rd for the summer. I just had my interview and my physical is tomorrow. My medical is May 30th. I'm really hoping to get in for the summer, but my chances are slim.

Well, I was told that they would place a "urgent" sticker on my file and send it to Borden right away. The said I still have a chance to get in. What I dont get is this due date for files. I was told at the recruiting center some odd stuff that kinda contradicted this due date. From what they told me, it almost sounds like it dosn't exist. Well, ill give a call tommorow to the Canadian Scottish and see if I can extract some info from them.

I hope it all goes well, i dont really want to be spending another 2 months at home before I go to UNI. I have to get out of here!

Zero216 said:
Hello, in case anyone is wondering the cut off date for my area (Windsor) I believe is June 3rd for the summer. I just had my interview and my physical is tomorrow. My medical is May 30th. I'm really hoping to get in for the summer, but my chances are slim.

As in Windsor Ontario...cause thats were I live. I got a letter in that says the process must be completed before June 17th to get accepted into BMQ which starts around June 26th. I hope its not June 3rd because that would be terrible.

Hey Canuck_25 You said you wanted to get outta here. Where is "here"? Do you live in a small town? Just curious

That sucks, sounds like a lot of you guys are having troubles. I think my paperwork got sent to my unit, it was hard to tell, the guy I talked to had a thick accent. I guess I should probably phone up to the Scottish Regiment too and see whats happening.

Interesting, I just came here, been reading some forums, learning more and more each minute...  Didn't know you could apply for Canadian Scottish, I wonder if that is what my grandfather was in during WWII.  anyways, best of luck to all.  l

Life's too short so love the one you've got.

Tbird said:
Hey Canuck_25 You said you wanted to get outta here. Where is "here"? Do you live in a small town? Just curious

Really small town. Im just sick of the parents and siblings.

Great place to retire, not grow up. 10 years ago it was far better. Thats because the economy was booming and people had money. Now, its dead.

just an update... i've been called and given a date for my officer boards at the C-Scots. still no concrete word on my BMQ.. it's still tenatively the 4th of july in C-wack

Argh this waiting is killing me, especially since the recruiter at the scottish regiment wont phone me back. Do theyhave some rule against phoning long distance or something?

i doubt they care about long-distance calls.. your profile says you live in vic, so i'm assuming they gave you the Bay St. Armouries' number (363 - 8153).. but if that's not the case, then try some of these other numbers that are on the unit website.

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/canadian_scottish/

(just scroll down to the bottom)

also, understand that the regiment has stood down for the time being, so there isn't a recruiter there all of the time. 

Ya, I go to school in Vic, but I moved home with my parents for the summer, which is not in vic. Ya i remember him saying something about that awhile back now. Do they come in on certain days, or certain hours? Or is it just random?

it beats me what hours they keep. during regular training, there's usually someone there during usual working hours on thursday. if nobody is answering the recruiting phone on a thursday, try calling the office.

I live in London, and the recruiting centre here says that the cutoff date is June 3.  I have yet to get a call from them, and I finished my last medical Friday, May 13.  I was told by a Captain at the recruiting centre that as long as my part 2 medical went well, there's a 100% chance of me getting in for the summer.  After I was finished my medical, the Dr said I was recommended for employment.  I was just wondering what is up?  Why haven't I been called?  I saw on the forums here that some people have had their medicals after I have, and are already sworn in.  They are in different regions, but I would hope the oppurtunities would be equal everwhere. ???

I am joining 4RCR in 31CBG at Wolseley Barracks. 

Do you know the number for the office Osbourne? Ya Mcfarlane, im in the same boat, was told I was pretty much a sure thing and my files been sent to the unit. Dont know what theyre waiting for but theyre certainly cutting it close.

unless they've changed it, the Orderly Room number is (250) 363 3818.

best of luck to you.. i'm going to be at the armouries on friday morning for my Officer interview boards.

Back