• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cut off date

Well apparently someone from their recruiting office got a job in vancouver or something, and thats why I havent been called yet. So I left yet another message with someone at the office, and she had no idea when I will be called. :(

you're correct. the former ranking officer of the recruiting in Victoria, Lt. Soley, has been moved to brigade recruiting or someting, so they are currently shuffling around

STILL waiting, when should I be getting worried? When do they cut it off and stop swearing people in for the summer courses? And does anyone know any other phone numbers for recruiting at the Scottish Regiment, phoning the advertised one has become a lost cause.

you could try the orderly room at 363-3818 thats really the only other number they might be able to help you out
  :salute:

Ya, I tried that, they told me they couldnt help me, beyond passing a message on to the recruiting people, who have not returned said message yet.

Looks like im waiting for next year, or possibly december, when they might run a weekend BMQ in victoria. Apparently the two people that were supposed to take over recruiting havent bothered to come into work for a couple weeks, or anwser their phones. It figures, I pass all the tests and im thwarted by ineptitude at the last possible step.

there is alot of moving around going on ... The person I talked to it was their last day before they were going to Québec for the summer, how ever they said they would call me and let me know how I did.

The_Stu, i was also partially affected by Lt. Soley's departure to go handle recruiting for the brigade. he had handled my file almost exclusively from the start.

you have to realise that the regiment's budget may not allow for a recruiter to be there answering the phones and doing te paperwork, which really sucks. the unit is on standby at the moment, from what i'm told, and a lot of people have already left for their summer courses, which leaves a bit of a vaccuum. it's really unfortunate that you got caught in the quagmire, but keep a stiff upper lip and a positive attitude and everything will sort itself out in due course.

till then, bestof luck to ye :salute:

well, 12 days till I leave for BMQ in chilliwack  ;D  i wish everyone who is still in the system the best of luck, and just to stick with it and keep a positive attitude :salute: :)

Back