• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cybertech and Influence Activities

Kirkhill

Fair Scunnert
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score

Drew believes the war in Ukraine has demonstrated that defensive cybersecurity is more effective than offensive capabilities, which is a perspective shared by the NCSC’s CEO, Lindy Cameron, and the US national cyber director, Chris Englis, in recent months.

While Russia is generally considered a major cyber power, it has not been able to strike any meaningful blows past Ukraine’s cyber defenses.

I would offer than Russia's Cyber/IA capabilities are pretty amateur hour compared to that of others like China or Iran.

Much like their conventional forces, their Cyber capabilities were labouring under the delusions that Ukraine hadn't developed their defensive posture since 2014.

The IA aspect was quashed pretty quickly when President Zelensky instituted martial law and all those Russian media outlets suddenly STFU. RT et al are only effective weapons if they're actually being consumed by the populations you're targeting.

The Russians planned for an easy win on all fronts and were sorely mistaken. That includes Cyber/IA as well

I would offer than Russia's Cyber/IA capabilities are pretty amateur hour compared to that of others like China or Iran.

Much like their conventional forces, their Cyber capabilities were labouring under the delusions that Ukraine hadn't developed their defensive posture since 2014.

The IA aspect was quashed pretty quickly when President Zelensky instituted martial law and all those Russian media outlets suddenly STFU. RT et al are only effective weapons if they're actually being consumed by the populations you're targeting.

The Russians planned for an easy win on all fronts and were sorely mistaken. That includes Cyber/IA as well

But how did we allow ourselves to be so deluded over Russian capabilities across the board? Until he fecal matter hit the proverbial I think you could argue that the Russians ran a highly effective Influence Activities programme at all levels. That would be in keeping with young Vlad's strong suit and his professional development in the KGB.

But how did we allow ourselves to be so deluded over Russian capabilities across the board? Until he fecal matter hit the proverbial I think you could argue that the Russians ran a highly effective Influence Activities programme at all levels. That would be in keeping with young Vlad's strong suit and his professional development in the KGB.
Well, he believed it.

Back