• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dear pers of 450 Sqn

Kat Stevens

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Donor
Inactive
Fallen Comrade
Reaction score
And all associated baggage train drivers and other detritus; when you see two men wearing reflective vests, one with a metal detector and the other with a shovel beside the road staring intently into a hole, the preferred COA is to SLOW THE FUCK DOWN, not put the hammer down and fly by them.  They may be concentrating on something nasty in there.  That is all.

. . . and turn the radio up, so the noise doesn't hurt your ears.

If only there were a way to get in touch with the CO of 450 sqn....

Bzzliteyr said:

And all associated baggage train drivers and other detritus.

Bzzliteyr said:

And if there was only some sure way to make sure the people you are refering to are actually with 450 Sqn, other then your best guess because of where the interesting hole was.

Schindler's Lift said:
And if there was only some sure way to make sure the people you are refering to are actually with 450 Sqn, other then your best guess because of where the interesting hole was.

I am sure the guys at that hole have good aircraft recognition skills and can tell the difference between a big honking Chinook and a much smaller Griffon and the Sqns they are from.......But what the hey......Neither of us were there.......However, the OP on the other hand, I know is experienced enough to know of what he speaks. 

Schindler's Lift said:

The point is, regardless of which particular tribe they  belong to, these SF and SF adjacent guys may be impervious to conventional means of being killed, I only have a nice orange vest for protection, and since I retired 12 ish years ago, speeding vehicles no longer bounce off me, and I don't bounce off them very well any more either.  And the road in question only goes to one place and back. QED, innit?

George Wallace said:
I am sure the guys at that hole have good aircraft recognition skills and can tell the difference between a big honking Chinook and a much smaller Griffon and the Sqns they are from.......But what the hey......Neither of us were there.......However, the OP on the other hand, I know is experienced enough to know of what he speaks.

I was under the impression that he was referring to people driving as opposed to flying, but I could be wrong..... 

PMedMoe said:
I was under the impression that he was referring to people driving as opposed to flying, but I could be wrong..... 

I too caught that but George is Armour... so he probably didn't hear it right.

Bzzliteyr said:
I too caught that but George is Armour... so he probably didn't hear it right.

Deaf in one ear, can't hear out of the other.    ;D

Funny enough I had a similar situation overseas..... a quick word with the FAC= 'the guys at front (me) are amazed at the NOE flying abilities of our supporting gunships but can they please f@#$ off from flying directly overhead cause I cannot hear my mine detector as I search this route for ieds..cheers.'

They kept their distance after that.

Back