• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Denmark Turns To The Right

TCBF

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Heads up: We maybe next.

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/homeland.php?id=1172085

I'm not sure what to be more scared of, this Family Security Matters Website, or others like "thinkprogress" or Moveon.org.  They all seem to illustrate the same unwillingness to listen to the other side.  I hate partisan politics and the need to label one another.

That aside, despite the very slanted view of the Danish situation, there are some points there I can agree with.  I never liked the idea that any culture can somehow feel exempt from truly participating with the predominant culture of the country they are in.  Seems hegemonic at worst, inconsiderate at best.  Though, the rest of the article does read like the Xenophobic Manifesto.  ::)

TCBF said:
Heads up: We maybe next.

I did a hard right turn in 1980 -- I'm just waiting for Canada to catch up with me...

Infidel-6 said:
I did a hard right turn in 1980 -- I'm just waiting for Canada to catch up with me...

Me too brother.

This website loses much credibility to me by dipping some facts into alarmist litterature. I found the article on Denmark interesting, if taken with a bit of salt, but after reading the one on Canada, I remained perplex... They can accuse us of anti-Americanism all they want, that is pure anti-Canadianism... As much as I love Americans, impying we would have problems surviving without our bigger brother seems to be more on the fantasms side (even though the lack of security and the loose immigration is really a concern).

Douke

I agree that there is significant bias on the site, but I was most concerned with this passage:

Hvilshoj has paid a price for her show of backbone. Perhaps to test her resolve, the leading radical imam in Denmark, Ahmed Abdel Rahman Abu Laban, demanded that the government pay blood money to the family of a Muslim who was murdered in a suburb of Copenhagen, stating that the family’s thirst for revenge could be thwarted for money. When Hvilshoj dismissed his demand, he argued that in Muslim culture the payment of retribution money was common, to which Hvilshoj replied that what is done in a Muslim country is not necessarily what is done in Denmark. The Muslim reply came soon after: her house was torched while she, her husband and children slept.  All managed to escape unharmed, but she and her family were moved to a secret location and she and other ministers were assigned bodyguards for the first time - in a country where such murderous violence was once so scarce.

Regardless of one's left or right leaning politics, this is certainly a scary situation.

ModlrMike said:
Regardless of one's left or right leaning politics, this is certainly a scary situation. 

Denmark isnt alone in this problem; LEAs in England, France, Netherlands, and Germany have also had increased problems with Muslim-based communities and populations over the past 20 years, and are equally alarmed at the social issues being caused by open immigration policies.  Being much smaller countries, even small incidents have a much more noticable, identifiable, and greater impact on the population as a whole, unlike here in Canada where a problem in a Toronto or Montreal suburb is relatively ignored and unnoticed by most of the country.

Perhaps to test her resolve, the leading radical imam in Denmark, Ahmed Abdel Rahman Abu Laban, demanded that the government pay blood money to the family of a Muslim who was murdered in a suburb of Copenhagen, stating that the family’s thirst for revenge could be thwarted for money. When Hvilshoj dismissed his demand, he argued that in Muslim culture the payment of retribution money was common, to which Hvilshoj replied that what is done in a Muslim country is not necessarily what is done in Denmark

Is it just me, or is there something ironic about the Muslims going after the Danes for Geld?

Dane-geld
(A.D. 980-1016)
Rudyard Kipling

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IT IS always a temptation to an armed and agile nation,
    To call upon a neighbour and to say:—
“We invaded you last night—we are quite prepared to fight,
    Unless you pay us cash to go away.”

And that is called asking for Dane-geld,
    And the people who ask it explain
That you’ve only to pay ’em the Dane-geld
    And then you’ll get rid of the Dane!

It is always a temptation to a rich and lazy nation,
    To puff and look important and to say:—
“Though we know we should defeat you, we have not the time to meet you.
    We will therefore pay you cash to go away.”

And that is called paying the Dane-geld;
    But we’ve proved it again and again,
That if once you have paid him the Dane-geld
    You never get rid of the Dane.

It is wrong to put temptation in the path of any nation,
    For fear they should succumb and go astray,
So when you are requested to pay up or be molested,
    You will find it better policy to say:—

“We never pay any-one Dane-geld,
    No matter how trifling the cost;
For the end of that game is oppression and shame,
    And the nation that plays it is lost!”

The Danes are not without experience in the field.  Nor are they very far removed from their ancestors.

As the great Micheal Savage says " Liberalism is a brain disorder ".

Better to start getting your act together when you smell smoke,  instead of when the flames are licking your arse. Ireland does not have this problem because they only allow immigrants that understand democracy and want assimilate in to their culture.

Ken

KPR said:

Better to start getting your act together when you smell smoke,  instead of when the flames are licking your arse. Ireland does not have this problem because they only allow immigrants that understand democracy and want assimilate in to their culture.

Ken

Ken,

And more often than not these immigrants often do something positive for their adoptive culture, as in the case of this Chinese immigrant who became an MLA in Northern Ireland; I am curious as to what your comments are on this headline from last year, IIRC:

http://forums.navy.ca/forums/threads/58508.0.html

And No, I don't necessarily agree with Michael Savage; too much of anything is bad.

KPR said:

Would you care to defend how you think a racist, homophobe, and many other things is a "great" person?

Because Michael Savage also says that "With the [Latino] population that has emerged, since they breed like rabbits, in many cases the whites will become a minority in their own nation... The white people don't breed as often for whatever reason. I guess many homosexuals are involved. That is also part of the grand plan, to push homosexuality to cut down on the white race" and "the girls from Branson [school] can go in and maybe get raped... because they seem to like the excitement of it. There's always the thrill and possibility they'll be raped in a dumpster while giving out a turkey sandwich".

This man is a shame on moderate conservatives, how can anything he says be construed as "great"?

Source: http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1632

Gimpy / Wimpy... keep following the sheep in front of you . It takes courage to be an independent thinker and I have finally had it with political correctness . I'm calling a spade a shovel from now on . I'm not prepared to let my Country go. By the way my son dates a Muslim who we adore but she wants to be a Canadian first ...and fit in.

Ken

KPR said:
Gimpy / Wimpy... keep following the sheep in front of you . It takes courage to be an independent thinker and I have finally had it with political correctness . I'm calling a spade a shovel from now on . I'm not prepared to let my Country go. By the way my son dates a Muslim who we adore but she wants to be a Canadian first ...and fit in.

Ken

No need for name-calling. Independent thinkers should be able to have an intelligent debate without resorting to ad-hominen attacks. Theres a line between political correctness and flat-out racism, bigotry, et al.  Why did you feel the need to throw out that last anecdote anyways? No one accused you of being a racist like Mr. Savage, I was just curious as to why you find him a "great" person.

He ( Savage ) has one of the sharpest minds I have seen . he is also the best read person I've listen to . When you are at least 50 and raised a couple of kids.... then you'll get it.

Best Regards , Ken

And more often than not these immigrants often do something positive for their adoptive culture, as in the case of this Chinese immigrant who became an MLA in Northern Ireland; I am curious as to what your comments are on this headline from last year, IIRC:

Cougardaddy .... get out a map of the world,  that's Northern Ireland still part of the UK . Ireland is ERIE the Republic. By the way ...I love the Chinese,  hardest working people around they have made Canada the great Nation that it once was.

Over.

Regards, Ken

When you are at least 50 and raised a couple of kids.... then you'll get it.

So when I have kids I'll suddenly turn into a homophobic racist?  Pardon me, but I'd like to think that I would be more tolerant than that given that age and responsibility.  Micheal Savage from the quote provided seems as intolerant and misread as any neo-conservative misanthrope.  Conservatism should never be mistaken for xenophobia.

Granted, I believe that there has to be some level of integration no matter what culture they are from.  None of this cultural supremacy stuff, or religious beliefs taken over societal co-operation.  If you want to live here... why do we have to feel bad about living the lives we lead? eg:

Jews are also threatened and harassed openly by Muslim leaders in Denmark

Go away a spell and grow up some , is all the advise I can give you. You are a fine example of our modern liberial more tolerant educational system .

This is tiring,  normally I'd rather meet you in the alley .... when done with you .... shake hands .

Ken

As least Denmark has seen the light, although too late.

Australia recognises its problems with islam, but again its all too late.

Methinks that website in question though, maybe a wee tad extreme??

Even for me  ;D

Cheers, beers, and what ALES ya,

Wes

I'm not sure if that was said to elicit some sort of reaction.  If you want to threaten someone, do it in a forum that will tolerate it.

My education does not mean I immediately ascribe myself as a liberal or anything close to that.  Listen to this again:  Conservatism does not equal Intolerance / Xenophobia.

I am quite conservative when it comes to many things.  But never have I found myself irrationally holding onto some notion of cultural supremacy.  We all have to live here, we better get along.  I do not believe ANYONE is exempt from this, christian, jew, muslim, white, asian, arab:  It doesn't matter.  I see people, not backgrounds.  If a muslim is intolerant to me, then I will be intolerant to him and only him.  If I find myself being intolerant to anyone in any of the forms I just listed, then they have my full permission to be just as awful back.  If I am the bigger person, then I won't have to resort to such racial gamesmanship, hopefully they will come to that realization themselves (and vice versa).  However, I don't hold the view that everyone in this country would be so enlightened (like so many liberals DO tend to think), and I believe there should be some political remedy available so that we can make absolutely sure that we don't just become a country full of isolated and separate cultures.

Don't you dare brush me off with the ad-hominem of "liberal", and then just claim I don't understand.  If you think I have said something out of line, then PROVE IT.

Unfortunately...I can see this topic being locked after this, and I completely understand why. :(

Piper said:
Conservatives are not racist, homophobic bigots.
Conservatism implies things like sensible economic policy, small government, national security, patriotism, personal responsibility, self reliance and accepting people for who they are regardless of characteristics as long as they can contribute to their country/society and maintain self sufficiency. Not homophobia, blatant racism and ignorance.

+1  This was precisely what I was trying to imply.  Well worded.  I'm 28, but I don't need to be 50 to understand how the world works.

Back