• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Denmark Turns To The Right

Kirkhil
I think the Danes understand all to well that "Dane geld" only delays the problem, hence the reason they won't deal.

Such an attack on people generally has the opposite effect then the attackers intend. People see the threat for what it is and react, rather than ignoring the problem.

Piper said:
but I sometimes get the impression that a few people here tend to forget our society's darker past that got us where we are today. Just playing devil's advocate/annoying reminder. 

I'd say, compared to predominately Islamic countries our "darker" past has served us far better. We routinely get ranked as one of the top countries in the world, whereas Islamic countries seem to be our polar opposite.

As for this post,
How did Christians deal with free thinkers, dissenting opinions...I think it was called an enquisition (sp?) involving lots of novel torture and execution methods.
firstly it was the inquisition, secondly it was some 500 years ago. We can't afford to wait 500 years for Islam to catch up to us.

2 Cdo said:
...firstly it was the inquisition, secondly it was some 500 years ago. We can't afford to wait 500 years for Islam to catch up to us.

Technically the spanish inquisition started about 500 years ago, but it didnt really end until after 1800...

No one expects (comments about) the Spanish Inquisition!!

...but I would agree that many countries of Islam have a bit of catching up to do in many respects, not least being support infrastructure and attitudes towards free speech...

Back