• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DEO 2013 financial year

I have been waiting for log selection boards which were also said to sit nov 4.  Encouraging that some of you who were also waiting for nov selection have had selections already.  Now I cant help but wonder if log selection may occur earlier or not. 

DEO Pilot over here...  I'm in same boat as anneadit, and also another fella I attended ACS with in May (one of the last groups rockin' the rickety CAPSS).  We've both been told by our file managers "you're in, but you didn't hear it from me... the official call is coming"  but it's been days stretching into weeks, and now it's gone from June 24th selection to frickin' August!  lol  Dunno about you guys, but my employer needs more than 2 weeks, they ASK for 4 nowadays... so if I'm slotted in for the Aug 26th BMOQ, my bosses are gonna be SOME choked!

'Greg.

Squats?  I do that to get my shoes on...  or to get down to wrestle with my Rottie.  Wonder where that 'Chair Force' reputation comes from?

The term "chair force" is used to mock the air force. Its just stupid. If any army guy thinks he is all that, he can step into the cage with me. BTW, got the call today, confirmed AERE selection. BMOQ starts on Aug 26th.

Congrats Anneadit!

anneadit said:
The term "chair force" is used to mock the air force. Its just stupid. If any army guy thinks he is all that, he can step into the cage with me. BTW, got the call today, confirmed AERE selection. BMOQ starts on Aug 26th.

anneadit said:

That escalated quickly...lol
Congrats tho.

anneadit said:

The level of irony here is amazing.

Seriously though, I'm sure you'll find that folks in the RCAF have plenty of creative ways to refer to their army brethren as well. More often than not probably uttered in complete good nature. The cage will probably have to wait.

Figured I'd give you all hope.  I was selected this year for Air Log and have been working in the CAF since May.  This Uniform feels some good to put on each and every day!
There are bad parts, like the moving me and my family 6000kms across the country for my posting, but it is probably one of my top 3 locations to be in.

It's a long process and even AFTER selection it took over a month to get a call saying I had an offer and then ANOTHER month to find out where/when I was going.

And whats all this nonsense about cage fighting and bull crap, we are the CAF and last I checked we have no cage fighting teams.  Remember the Army can't survive with the RCAF just liek the RCAF can't survivie without the Army then there's the Navy.....we'll let them go play by themselves.

I apologize if I offended anyone. It was said in jest.  On another note,  I thought I would share something I found. It would be of particular interest to all officer cadets or those aspiring to be.

By Field Marshal Philip Walhouse Chetwode

The safety, honour and welfare of your country come first, always and every time.
The honour, welfare and comfort of the men you command come next.
Your own ease, comfort and safety come last, always and every time.

Warning!  Humor forthcoming!

In my ACS group in May, there was this fella who's been in Reserves quite a while. Said last year, buncha them packed into several Hercs and blasted down to Alabama (or some such place) for some joint exercises with our bretheren down a-yonder.  Hercs took off and boys went to work.  Several days later, Hercs come back to grab their load of dusty, tired and hungry grunts...  When this guy asked the pilots "So, where y'all been?  You didn't fly all the way back home to Canada, and come all the way back to get us, did you?"  and apparently the answer was "Hell no!  We been in a nice hotel on the beach in the Bahamas for the last 3 days!  How was YOUR week?"
<Ack!>

...  ya....    and so the ol 'Chair Force' stereotype gets a wee bit more support...

NOTE: Meant to be funny...  Take the above anecdote as Gawd-spoken-Truth at your own peril!!

'Greg.

Just got job offer for DEO AEC...BMOQ September 30th/13. Anyone else on that date????

Recently there was an unscheduled board which resulted in some earlier than expected placements.  Apparently there were some holes to fill on a bmoq serial.  I was wondering if anyone knew when the following bmoq course is scheduled.  I am curious if it is before november selection

hammertime said:
DEO Pilot here for Sept. 30. Pretty pumped!

Congrats man! Rock it!

I'm still waiting to hear from medical but remain hopeful.

let me know if anyone has questions about DEO BMOQ. I'm a new 2Lt that just left that hell earlier in the year.

I heard that the trade DEO Logo is closed at least for now.
Does that mean the selection was done?  or is it still in NOV as scheduled?

I was following up with my recruiter today and was informed that there was one position for DEO Log left nationaly for the Nov board.  I will admit I am getting discouraged for a successful outcome this year.  I recall being told 3 or 4 positions were available a few months ago so not sure what to believe. 

d_edwards said:
I was following up with my recruiter today and was informed that there was one position for DEO Log left nationaly for the Nov board.  I will admit I am getting discouraged for a successful outcome this year.  I recall being told 3 or 4 positions were available a few months ago so not sure what to believe.

What a coincidence, that is the same thing I had heard!  But my recuiter told me not to be discouraged because the opportunities next year were slightly greater and while I might have to do an update on my file, I might see something come Feb or Mar.  Anyhow, there is hope.

What is comprised of a file update, does a new reliability screening get done , or is more a matter of seeing what changes to your competitivenss need to be captured. 

Back