• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DEO or ROTP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

Apologies if this has already been covered somewhere but I could not find it. I am currently an Army PRes Officer hoping to OT/CT to Reg Force. I am currently 3/4 completed my university program and so I was wondering what approach I should be taking. I would have thought that I was too far into my program to enter the ROTP, but as I do not yet have my degree I do not have the qualifications for DEO. Would I be required to simply wait for one more year and then apply once I have my degree or should I fill out the DWAN form now and note that my desired date of transfer would be following completion of my degree? If there is another alternative option then I would love to know. My local CFRC was unfortunately less than helpful in the matter.

Thanks for any and all advise

If you have one year left I believe you are too late. I seem to recall that you needed two academic years left at the date of your application.

If you are going into your fourth year just put the CT in now and the second you get your degree send it to them.  it will take some time anyways.

You're not going to get to pick a desired date to transfer. CT/OTs take a while to process, don't count on it to give you employment as soon as you finish school. You could be waiting over a year depending on the trade.

PuckChaser said:
You're not going to get to pick a desired date to transfer. CT/OTs take a while to process, don't count on it to give you employment as soon as you finish school. You could be waiting over a year depending on the trade.

When you apply on the DWAN you can actually select "preferred" date. I'm not sure how much if it all it factors into the process, however it is an option on the form, and you must specify a date.

Hey guys,

Tried searching but couldn't find any info. I'm wrapping up my 2nd year at a civi uni with a physics major and was hoping to go in as a pilot or warfare officer. My grades are reasonably good (3.00 GPA). I had served a couple years in the infantry reserve until 2014, but for personal reasons I failed the infantry course and released. I've since realized my maturity wasn't there, and feel much better about it now.

My question is, should I wait to apply as DEO in my 3rd year, or is it possible to apply right now for ROTP to wrap up my schooling at my uni? If my application takes long enough that I don't hear back before graduating, do I need to restart the application as DEO?

Thanks!

SFHL said:
My question is, should I wait to apply as DEO in my 3rd year, or is it possible to apply right now for ROTP to wrap up my schooling at my uni? If my application takes long enough that I don't hear back before graduating, do I need to restart the application as DEO?

For discussion of DEO and ROTP, see also,

Different paths for becoming an officer 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/105116.0.html
2 pages.

As always, Recruiting is your most trusted source of official, up to date information.

"Unofficial site, not associated with DND or the Canadian Armed Forces."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back