• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Desert Boots

Those same guys probably still have the green covers on their helmets...

We keep suggesting new things for KAF, as they don't want to put things in our FOB (because the KAFer's need it more  ::)).  We have already asked for a Bowling Ally and Swimming Pool.  We figure we'll get to use it once every 5 or 6 weeks when we make a trip into KAF.

I have to laugh (sorry, giggle) at this.
NL_engineer said:
We keep suggesting new things for KAF, as they don't want to put things in our FOB (because the KAFer's need it more  ::)).  We have already asked for a Bowling Ally and Swimming Pool.  We figure we'll get to use it once every 5 or 6 weeks when we make a trip into KAF.

I see things haven't changed much. We couldn't get desert boots in Bosnia in 97 until the tour was almost over, the unit I was in was 2PPCLI. The NSE at VK had them though, plus A/C for every ISO. Hmmmm.....

Swimming pool is good for refreshment. So, it is good to have built it earlier for the convenience of many. This will give improvement for the entire area.

KAF is a total joke...had some Marines think it was fun to pick on our navy's "new" camo...thinking that our unit was a trial unit for it......what is even more funny is that they still think that we were some sorta "special" unit ...ala SASR or Commando (our Hydrographic team was quite small for that Rot)

AustralianNavyGuy said:
KAF is a total joke...had some Marines think it was fun to pick on our navy's "new" camo...thinking that our unit was a trial unit for it......what is even more funny is that they still think that we were some sorta "special" unit ...ala SASR or Commando (our Hydrographic team was quite small for that Rot)

Serious question:  Why did the RAN have a hydrographic team in KAF? 

You know....going through the place...and helping with the MTF4 Topigraphical unit to train some ANA tolay do their job :)

[size=12pt][size=10pt]What is the consensus here for wearing the new style (2006) issued desert boots? [/size]

I see more non-issued black and brown boots being worn daily than issued boots.  I haven't seen anyone wearing else wearing their desert boots, even with the current shortage.
[/size]

Back