• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

[DEU] Where do I put this little guy?

Delta

Inactive
Reaction score
Recently got promoted and I was handed one of this , any of you know where does this go?

Tailor is not available due to CF's contract was not renewed, so I got to do it by hand. Thanks.

From CFP 265 Dress Instructions:

2. Army occupation badges
a. Jacket, service dress
(1) Worn by sergeants and below, centred on the lower right
sleeve, 12 cm (4-3/4 in.) from the bottom edge of the sleeve
to the bottom edge of the badge

Thank you for the reply, by any chance, is there a web site for CFP 265 Dress Instructions?

Is that a crewman trade badge? The resolution must be off, 'cause I would swear the tank is white...

And what base are you on where you would have to sew your own DEU????? Base Supply MUST have a tailoring contract so you are being fed a line or you are misunderstanding something...

Delta said:
Recently got promoted

What were you promoted to ?

Reason i ask is that i find it hard to believe that anyone who got "promoted" would have no idea where his trade badge goes.

What's more confusing is who get's a trade badge on promotion - I thought that was reserved for grad off 3's...

BinRat55 said:
Is that a crewman trade badge? The resolution must be off, 'cause I would swear the tank is white...

Yes it is the Crewman (Armour) trade badge, I am betting the white look comes from the flash of the cam at a very close range.

My info might be dated but, for the Armour Corps, the wearing of trade badges was IAW the following (or used to be):

Tank alone= 1 PCF
Tank w/laurels underneath=2 PCF courses
Tank w/crown on top=1 Advanced course
Tank w/crown and laurels=2 Advanced courses

PCF=Primary Combat Function.  A Tpr with his QL3 didn't have a PCF, and didn't wear the trade badge.  PCFs were/are things like Leo Gnr, Leo Dvr, Cougar Gnr, Cgr Dvr, Coyote Dvr/Gnr, etc.  Maybe GW or RecceGuy can correct me if I am wrong or if there is a revised policy.  The Adv courses were things like Av D & M (the old CADMS course?), Adv Comms, Adv Gnr, etc.

The fact that the OP said he got it on promotion (guessing to Tpr, w/1st chevron) and that no tailor is available would lead me to guess it is a PRes Armd unit in LFWA (from his profile, he is with LFWA).  PRes units, who normally don't get a PCF course as a rule (what the Reg Froce component of the Corps considers a PCF, and that which the Reg Force goes by) have, in the past, used their own system for the Corps trade badges (and I am not saying its right, or wrong...just what I've seen) as:

tank alone=QL3
tank w/laurels=QL4 course
tank w/crown on top=6A
tank w/crown and laurels=6B

Just an educated guess on my part, having been PRes Armd for a few years...I could be mistaken.  But for those questioning the fact the OP had it handed to him on promotion leads me to believe it is a PRes mbr.  I've seen that happen (much to the dismay of RSS WOs and Sgts  ;D).  The problem came from PRes Armour Corps, where Recce units would have a QL3 course, a QL4 Recce Crmn crse, a 6A crse (Ptl Cmdr) and 6B (Tp WO) crse, none of which were a true *PCF* course and they seemingly adopted their own way of wearing the trade badges.

To Eye In The Sky: Impressive, by any chance are you a MP? I did just got promoted to a Tpr in the PRes. And yes, the colour of the tank is not white, its yellow.

I do find the trade badge situation quite interesting. I read that PRes mbrs are suppose to know how to drive a Leopard, but only 1 out of the 7x NCMs in my regiment knows how do drive one, only because he went over to Afghanistan. But we are all wearing the trade badge with a tank on it.

Delta said:
To Eye In The Sky: Impressive, by any chance are you a MP? I did just got promoted to a Tpr in the PRes. And yes, the colour of the tank is not white, its yellow.

I do find the trade badge situation quite interesting. I read that PRes mbrs are suppose to know how to drive a Leopard, but only 1 out of the 7x NCMs in my regiment knows how do drive one, only because he went over to Afghanistan. But we are all wearing the trade badge with a tank on it.

No, I am not a MP, I just happened to have spent quite a bit of time in the PRes Armour world.

Delta said:

Sharp intake of breath. I would hope that the actual colour is Gold. I can't believe that any of our brave armoured crews are Yellow! (Tongue firmly in cheek here) ;)

daftandbarmy said:
Sharp intake of breath. I would hope that the actual colour is Gold. I can't believe that any of our brave armoured crews are Yellow! (Tongue firmly in cheek here) ;)

While the description of the badge is "CF Gold' (the value of which is internal to the organization vice real gold which has a universal monetary value), "yellow" is a very appropriate colour for crewmen as when some remember their cavalry heritage.  The stripes on the full dress trousers (overalls) of some armoured regiments are "yellow".

Back