• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Devil's Advocate: USA invades CAN

Skysix

Reaction score
Don't know about the Ukrainian Territorials - currently they seem motivated to supply full time labour. The Danish Territorials the commitment is unpaid and entirely voluntary. They learn as much as they like when they like and do what they like depending on the qualifications they have achieved. It is a large force that like most voluntary organizations "normally" only contributes a few members to operations. But the Ukrainians are demonstrating what the potential of such an organization is when the population is motivated.

And I agree, it is much more like the Canadian Rangers terms of service than the Reserves/Militia.
Devils Advocate time: could or would Canada do as well/anything if a MegaMaga inspired military invasion to sieze oilfields or water resources occurred? A similar scenario existed for Ukraine/Russia from 1991 to 2014.

Devils Advocate time: could or would Canada do as well/anything if a MegaMaga inspired military invasion to sieze oilfields or water resources occurred? A similar scenario existed for Ukraine/Russia from 1991 to 2014.
:unsure:

Unless we had more numbers and a sugar daddy country supplying us with kit then no. Plus a mega maga inspired could just come and take our water. We have too much of it to to defend it all. And Alberta would join them anyways so no need to invade there.

Unless we had more numbers and a sugar daddy country supplying us with kit then no. Plus a mega maga inspired could just come and take our water. We have too much of it to to defend it all. And Alberta would join them anyways so no need to invade there.

I don't know about that. All Alberta really wants is its own version of the Danzig Corridor - free passage to Prince Rupert. The real question is what do we have to offer the locals in BC to make that happen? And how many of them would willingly separate from Victoria?

Edit: How many of them recognize Victoria?

So Alberta = Donbass, the GTA = Crimea, the lower mainland = Transnistria? 😜

So the US invades then. That's what you are asking.

The Canadian strategic defense problem is that we are unattackable (from outside NA) and undefendable (from the US). I think you already know the answer.

So the US invades then. That's what you are asking.

The Canadian strategic defense problem is that we are unattackable (from outside NA) and undefendable (from the US). I think you already know the answer.

We are unattackable from outside NA. We are undefendable from the US.

Are we unattackable from within Canada? Everybody loves a good Civil War every century or so. :LOL:

Realistically a scenario like that would have US/Can degrade over at least a decade if not more and it wouldn’t be some sort of surprise attack. Having a hostile nation to our south would prompt preparation and increase in numbers and equipment. Still wouldn’t be enough to stop anything but again how the world would react and who and public support in the US would be huge factors. A lot of states would not be happy with a Maga inspired invasion.

If I were Canada I would scatter the CAF into small insurgent groups, train locals and conduct small ops across the borders where we look and sound like them.

The US could easily control major Urban centres but maybe not the countryside so much. I would expect Canada to fracture into independent republics in reaction to it.

Fantasy though.

If I were Canada I would scatter the CAF into small insurgent groups, train locals and conduct small ops across the borders where we look and sound like them.

Fantasy though.

Fantasy? More like heresy:eek:
We would just set up light infantry battalions in defensive positions across open fields (sans anti-armor) and when the US military stops dead against our stalwart bulwark we would drive LAVs up to their positions, dismount 50 meters away, and take them prisoner.

Last edited:
would expect Canada to fracture into independent republics in reaction to it.

Fantasy though.

Even without invasion I think this is a very real possibility. Just viewing the social divides widen and as they become more entrenched, and with know uniting politician in view, I truly worry for our future.

Realistically a scenario like that would have US/Can degrade over at least a decade if not more and it wouldn’t be some sort of surprise attack. Having a hostile nation to our south would prompt preparation and increase in numbers and equipment. Still wouldn’t be enough to stop anything but again how the world would react and who and public support in the US would be huge factors. A lot of states would not be happy with a Maga inspired invasion.

The US could easily control major Urban centres but maybe not the countryside so much. I would expect Canada to fracture into independent republics in reaction to it.

Fantasy though.
I'll sit and wait for General Winter to lend a hand... :sneaky:

Back