• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Devil's Advocate: USA invades CAN

books already been written. Featured an airborne invasion of Toronto via C141s (I think) from Niagara straight in on 32. Disaster. Came out in the early 70s and that is all I can remember

There can be no coordinated defense as we (the Canadian population not just defense assets) are penny-pocketed around the country in widely separated urban outposts. Our supply lines are singular east-west, not plural (one long highway and one long railroad) and US LOC are plural with multiple lines moving between Canada and the US.

Basically, the places that will be a problem will be Southern Western Ontario and Quebec as they are heavily urban and the most in-depth LOC's that exist. However, US numbers would just surge in and squat on the population. Quebec would put up the most fight by far. Heavily nationalistic, urban army bases, different language etc... are tailor-made to cause a problem through insurgency.

Western cities can just be surrounded, there is nothing around Calgary, Edmonton, Regina and Winnipeg. Vancouver similarly can be easily boxed in.

Even without invasion I think this is a very real possibility. Just viewing the social divides widen and as they become more entrenched, and with know uniting politician in view, I truly worry for our future.
I’ve yet to see anything that comes close to the years of Quebec separation being a real possibility. I see more political divides than social ones but even then we aren’t anywhere near where the US is right now. I see a break up in the US before I see one here along those lines.

That being said we shouldn’t take anything for granted.

I’ve yet to see anything that comes close to the years of Quebec separation being a real possibility. I see more political divides than social ones but even then we aren’t anywhere near where the US is right now. I see a break up in the US before I see one here along those lines.

That being said we shouldn’t take anything for granted.

I think you're severely underestimating the disdain that's a good portion of the country has for central Canada right now.

Especially in the west. But it exists ever here in the Maritimes.

I hope I'm wrong, but I have my doubts.

If I were Canada I would scatter the CAF into small insurgent groups, train locals and conduct small ops across the borders where we look and sound like them.

The US could easily control major Urban centres but maybe not the countryside so much. I would expect Canada to fracture into independent republics in reaction to it.

Fantasy though.

A major focus of the insurgency resistance should be the disruption in Canada of energy/water distribution (pipelines, power lines, rivers, etc) to the USA and a targeted campaign of IEDs/assassination aimed at US occupation forces as well as political/military and/or business persons who cooperate with US authorities. Cross border operations should also include similar sabotage targets including dams and municipal water supplies.

слава Канаді

I think you're severely underestimating the disdain that's a good portion of the country has for central Canada right now.

Did that disdain exist during the Harper years or during the Trudeau years?

Have we reached a point where western and east coast provinces are electing separatist governments and having referendums?

You're overestimating it. It's a family. I can pick on my brother and criticize all his decisions/politics, but when someone else does it, I lose all sense of reason and proportional response. You don't **** with the family.

Did that disdain exist during the Harper years or during the Trudeau years?

Have we reached a point where western and east coast provinces are electing separatist governments and having referendums?

With the way the right is fracturing and the growth of the extreme I'm not sure we can make a fair comparison to that time. Harper was very much a center-right PM.

I see big divisions and I don't see them as reaction to one government over another. It's regional.

To me it's not a reaction to JT and Liberal governments so much as a pivot by some towards populism and an acceptance of that life style. Right word ?

You're overestimating it. It's a family. I can pick on my brother and criticize all his decisions/politics, but when someone else does it, I lose all sense of reason and proportional response. You don't **** with the family.

Its dangerous to speak in definitives. The future is a time you don't know or understand.

... It's a family. I can pick on my brother and criticize all his decisions/politics, but when someone else does it, I lose all sense of reason and proportional response. You don't **** with the family.
I'm with you, but we all know how far some family feuds can go, too #HatfieldsMcCoys
... To me it's not a reaction to JT and Liberal governments so much as a pivot by some towards populism and an acceptance of that life style. Right word ? ...
Some of JT's work surely fuels the fire, but there is more of a "we're not going to take it anymore" vibe out there, from one side more than another, but not zero on the other side, either.

I'm with you, but we all know how far some family feuds can go, too #HatfieldsMcCoys

Some of JT's work surely fuels the fire, but there is more of a "we're not going to take it anymore" vibe out there, from one side more than another, but not zero on the other side, either.

I def feel the "done with Canada" sentiment coming from the right in the vast majority of the time.

I haven't heard that from the left. Although I sit to be corrected.

With the way the right is fracturing and the growth of the extreme I'm not sure we can make a fair comparison to that time. Harper was very much a center-right PM.

I see big divisions and I don't see them as reaction to one government over another. It's regional.

To me it's not a reaction to JT and Liberal governments so much as a pivot by some towards populism and an acceptance of that life style. Right word ?

Its dangerous to speak in definitives. The future is a time you don't know or understand.
The reason I ask is how much of the disdain is due to cults of personality. Will the disdain exist once Trudeau is gone or will it persist. Will the disdain end when the ends it’s losing streak?

My point isn’t that there is not discontent. But I have yet to see it at the same level as when Quebec was a hair from leaving confederation.

The reason I ask is how much of the disdain is due to cults of personality. Will the disdain exist once Trudeau is gone or will it persist. Will the disdain end when the ends it’s losing streak?

My point isn’t that there is not discontent. But I have yet to see it at the same level as when Quebec was a hair from leaving confederation.

I think you will see that that disdain will continue until certain segments of the country feel they are properly represented and appreciated.

JT is a symptom not the cause.

I def feel the "done with Canada" sentiment coming from the right in the vast majority of the time.

I haven't heard that from the left. Although I sit to be corrected.
I should have been clearer - some of the left I deal with say "we're done with populism." Not as high a volume, to be sure, but again, +0.

Last edited:
Fantasy? More like heresy:eek:
We would just set up light infantry battalions in defensive positions across open fields (sans anti-armor) and when the US military stops dead against our stalwart bulwark we would drive LAVs up to their positions, dismount 50 meters away, and take them prisoner.

"It's not the size of the army; it's the fury of its onslaught."

Men With Brooms​

Simple, we declare war first.

Based on this movie, it looks like we already have the right kit ;)

Do you mean like the fracture into the PQ, Reform, out of the PC's? The right "fracturing" this time isn't along geographic lines it's along political-social lines (if it fractures at all, I think of more its shedding voters/members depending on which way they swing).

The regional issues in Canada are a rounding error compared to what they were in the 90's.

Do you mean like the fracture into the PQ, Reform, out of the PC's? The right "fracturing" this time isn't along geographic lines it's along political-social lines (if it fractures at all, I think of more its shedding voters/members depending on which way they swing).

The regional issues in Canada are a rounding error compared to what they were in the 90's.

Okie dokie pokie.

All that is need is the US invasion force to do is "All Canadian Gov cheques will be honored and replaced with US checks ASAP."

The money keeps rolling. Most people wouldn't care if it had an Eagle on it or not.

Done!

All public sector employees retirement and current salaries will be paid be the US treasury. And that the PS unions would be protected.

With this the Clerk of the Privy Council would turn to the PM and tell him his services are no longer required.

Invasion complete and finished.

I do know the it would be the GG who would "fire" the PM but lets be real....The civil service is In charge.

Back