• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Did Canada ever use USAF Flight Suits?

Acer Syrup

Inactive
Reaction score
I have a fellow ebayer from the east coast that swears that his USAF flight suit was issued to him by CF stores, but didn't like it and only wore the blue ones. Am I getting a load of BS or is this guy serious. Which doesn't really matter because at no time did he ever specify it was USAF design.

The fighter guys were issued USAF flightsuits for the OP ALLIED FORCE in 1999

Acer Syrup said:
I have a fellow ebayer from the east coast that swears that his USAF flight suit was issued to him by CF stores, but didn't like it and only wore the blue ones. Am I getting a load of BS or is this guy serious. Which doesn't really matter because at no time did he ever specify it was USAF design.

Uhmmm, yes they were issued. I actually did their ordering & receipting action and forwarded to theatre from 8 Wg Trenton. He's telling the truth.

Actually have a pic of me horsing about in one of them, before sending to theatre of course, around here somewhere.

Vern

ArmyVern said:
Actually have a pic of me horsing about in one of them, before sending to theatre of course, around here somewhere.

But was it a$$less ?

CDN Aviator said:
But was it a$$less ?

Worse; ergo it will NOT be published here.  ;)

But, if you ever see a pic floating about the DIN with some Canadian chick in a USAF flight suit, wearing flight helmet and riding a certain something in a hangar -- just say "BINGO."

CDN Aviator said:
theres nothing wrong with my PM inbox

There is something wrong with it if you can't see the pic in it.  >:D

ArmyVern said:
There is something wrong with it if you can't see the pic in it.  >:D

There seems to be something wrong with mine, too.

Could you please try sending it again?

Loachman said:
There seems to be something wrong with mine, too.

Could you please try sending it again?

Yes, there does seem to be something wrong with yours too if you're not seeing it. I PM'd it site-wide.  >:D

Perhaps Mike needs to turn off the site content filtering?  ;)

ArmyVern said:
Perhaps Mike needs to turn off the site content filtering?  ;)

THAT good, is it?

There's always e-mail...

Very interesting. but come on..... does this really scream out USAF flight suit. "Bran[d] new Canadian Air Force Flight Suit...sage green with Captain rank epaulets. Flame resistant, lots of zippers and pockets...size 42 regular"

Only thing that was should have sent off alarm bells was sage green and the sizing.

Loachman said:
THAT good, is it?

There's always e-mail...

If you actually believe for a single instance that I would send you a pic of me dolled up in a flight suit & helmet ... riding a broom -- you are sillier than I thought!! Either that or the alcohol from Guelph isn't out of your system yet.  ;D

Acer Syrup said:
Very interesting. but come on..... does this really scream out USAF flight suit. "Bran[d] new Canadian Air Force Flight Suit...sage green with Captain rank epaulets. Flame resistant, lots of zippers and pockets...size 42 regular"

Only thing that was should have sent off alarm bells was sage green and the sizing.

Excuse me, I have ordered (as already stated) and issued USAF flight suits to Canadian Military personnel.

COLOG. It's my job (well it was my job circa 97-01). Next question?

Your excused, I know that you issued them!!! I am not questioning that. but the discription for the item did not say anthing about them being USAF Design!

Acer Syrup said:
Your excused, I know that you issued them!!! I am not questioning that. but the discription for the item did not say anthing about them being USAF Design!

Fack.

9B.8 (1994-06-23) COLOG: A supply arrangement, similar to Standing Offers, which is negotiated with the U.S. DOD under the auspices of FMS. It enables the Canadian Department of National Defence (DND) to obtain directly from the supply systems operated by the U.S. DOD, spare parts and accessories needed for Crown-owned military equipment of U.S. origin. This category of FMS cases (contracts) necessitates the purchase of an equity in the supply system of the appropriate military organization.

We have international COLOG agreements which allow the CF to order/purchase etc items from allied militaries if they are deemed of benefit. Because they slap a CF ident label into the ones they ship us ... does not negate the fact they are US designed/issued/supplied/manufactured or US Supply Depot stocked items.

COLOG para 9B.8

Again, fack.

OK give you that. No CF label by the way. So if a pilot showed up to work in that exact suit, they wouldn't get chewed out.

Acer Syrup said:
OK give you that. No CF label by the way. So if a pilot showed up to work in that exact suit, they wouldn't get chewed out.

Here's how it works ...

We order sometimes COLOG items if it's deemed to be of benefit to us.

When that happens the label will reflect the NSN (Nato Stock Number), in the case of the flight suits -- the NSN on each garment would be the very same number on both the US suit label for a particular size as it would be on the same flight suit of that size supplied to the CF via COLOG. We are both NATO countries after all and they aren't called NSNs for nothing.

The labels would also reflect the purchase/contract number on it (as our contract number would be a COLOG contract number it would differ from the contract number on the US label - we are two different entities). The inserted CF label identifies our Canadian contract # which, upon pulling the contract would indicate that this item of kit as being system-supplied via the US COLOG agreement.

Look at any garment label of issued kit that you have ... you'll see a "W84 ..." etc number on it. This is the contract information and is used by Sup Techs/PWGSC in obtaining further items if so required. We simply go pull that contract up and can obtain all the mil specs, source of supply etc ...

The re-label eases the re-supply issues that would occur with an item should re-labelling not occur. For example, if the US label were left inside the garment ... we'd see their contract number and go "WTF?? How do we order another one of these, and from where? And why are you wearing it - it's a US item?"

The CF label ... avoids ALL that; that CF label would indicate that your friend has a genuine item which is authorized (or once was) for wear within his service to the CF. This item would show on his clothing docs. Unless it has been prohibited/suspended from wear ... he can wear the damn thing.

Thanks Vern, This doesn't look like a CF label, but I have been wrong about a lot of things today.

Label.jpg

What is this fellow's background, ie, how would he have been issued one?

I've never heard anybody state a preference for the blue piece of crap over either the US or Canadian green Nomex one. Not only was it a dumb colour, it was hotter in the summer as well. The only thing really wrong with the US one is the lack of built-in gloves.

Do you have a link for the E-bay listing?

ArmyVern said:
If you actually believe for a single instance that I would send you a pic of me dolled up in a flight suit & helmet ... riding a broom -- you are sillier than I thought!! Either that or the alcohol from Guelph isn't out of your system yet.   ;D

It depends upon how silly you originally thought that I was, I suppose...

Not that I think that I am, and I'm stone cold sober too.

Perhaps just a little overly optimistic.

That earlier teacher-photo posting may have had something to do with it too - because the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw those photos was "Hah - she doesn't even come close to Vern".

Back